Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
SC Chapter President
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New ceramic button clutch goin in friday, prob gonna change the fluid. I'm thinkin' about goin with Royal Purple. Not sure if I need to use the RP synchromax manual trans fluid or the RP Maxgear high performance gear oil 75-90. Also need to know how much it will take. If there are other suggestions I'm open to them. Thanks guys

·
Registered
111 Posts
do not put gear lube in or you will be rebiulding your tranny. The NV4500 takes a special fluid from mopar(around 14 bucks a quart) or you can use amsoil too. I don't know anything about RP.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
The NV 4500 can use Amsoil MTG which you can get for a reasonable price by becoming a preferred customer. That cost 20 bucks for a year, and gets you wholesale pricing. You will save more than that on your first order.

·
SC Chapter President
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm gonna go with the AMSOIL, just waited to long to get it before the change, I'll have to change my fluid later on I suppose. And tryin'to find that Syntorq stuff is like tryin'to find Bigfoot. Thanks for all your help guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts