Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Regen? What's That??
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well. today I was out.... and I hit 19,500 miles on the truck.

So I decided to have a place flush and replace the tranny fluid (with Chrysler approved fluid_, and replace the rear end gear oil with a full synthetic 75w-140.

Total cost was $169.99, took about 50 minutes or so.

The tranny probably did not need the service just yet, but I figured since I do alot of heavy pulling (16,000lbs), it was worthwhile to do this...

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Let us know if you have any issue with your transmission after the flush. I have read on several sites that after you have the trans flushed, there have been issues with the trans. I just replaced my trans fluid at 16K, no flush because I added a Mag-Hytec oil pan to the trans. So I am interested in what is the best way to go. Thanks

·
Regen? What's That??
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will keep tabs on it.. and update the thread. I have read that if the wrong fluid is used, it will cause issues.

Let us know if you have any issue with your transmission after the flush. I have read on several sites that after you have the trans flushed, there have been issues with the trans. I just replaced my trans fluid at 16K, no flush because I added a Mag-Hytec oil pan to the trans. So I am interested in what is the best way to go. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts