Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will my truck run on just trans fluid?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Do you mean BURNING it?? Doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

kevlars

·
Registered
139 Posts
about 2 years ago I was changing my fuel filter and my lift pump was burned out so I couldnt fill my filter housing by cycling the key to get the lift pump to pump the fuel in to the filter housing so I filled it up with power steering fluid which is about the same as tranny fluid and after I got it primed it started up and ran fine

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Tranny fluid has additives to keep it from burning, it has friction modifiers and Lord knows what else, it will burn in your truck, but its definately not going to help it for the long haul.
If I was stranded somewhere I'd burn what ever was avaliable, motor oil/ kero/2 stroke/tranny fluid/hydralic oil..whatever I could get my hands on, but that would only be if I was in some kind of pickle or it was life or limb or if I was trying to finish off a bad VP just to see how long it would last.
I'm guessing your thinking of burning USED (free) tranny fluid, cuz new would be more expensive than diesel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts