Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 3500 5.9 auto ,when i slow down it downshifts from 2nd to 1st hard kinda like a clunk the sloer i slow down the more noticeable it is if im braking hard to stop fast its not so noticeable any ideas?

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Like to know to. Except mine does it in all gears.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anybody?????

Friend has this problem on an '07 2500. Only happens from 2nd to 1st going slow. He just had the Govenor TSB performed and that didn't help. (not that we expected it to). Need to help him resolve the issue before it is removed from his collection. Thnks!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Same issue on my 47re converted to a 48re vb. Did it before and after. Both vb's have a transgo shift kit.

·
Registered
87 Posts
seems like a vb issue

·
Registered
87 Posts
worked on a truck that did the same thing and it was the vb

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
And how did you solve it?

I notice my 04.5 with a 48re and no shift kit has a firm 2-1 shift.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Ok guys, I think I solved this. 48re/47re hard 1-2 shift, and 2-1 shift. Almost a "clunk" as it downshifts and a hard upshift unless under significant throttle. The shift gets worse as tranny temp increased.

I put the upper spring in above the accumulator (like the 47rh has) and the clunk is gone. While it is cool here, I have thoroughly warmed the tranny (no tranny temp gauge) and so far there has been absolutely no reoccurance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts