Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the previous owner says he could brake the tires loose from a slow roll and let them go until he took his foot out of it, i cant get it to brake loose on dirt some times did i do something wrong in the trans when i put it back together?
i mean the trans is defntly there its very firm when its put into gear and when it shifts it just doesnt wanna brake loose very often, cept when i run an open turbo

oh and to make this worse i just had a customer come in to my shop and tell me bout his 92 and clams it does the same thing stock
sorry for the long post
thanks
ch

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
can any one else make the clame there stocker will burn em up from a dead stop??

·
Registered
302 Posts
Mine will as soon as the turbo lights from a dead stop, with no brake boost

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
define pump turned up, cause mines stock except for smoke screw and fuel pin but i was wonder if i did some thin wrong or if this only comes with fuel mods like full power screw

an ideas
ch

·
Registered
302 Posts
fuel screw a couple turns and one on the smoke screw o and advanced timing, thats all

·
I bleed Diesel
2,507 Posts
can any one else make the clame there stocker will burn em up from a dead stop??
my brother has a 89 727 single wheel completely stock. and it will brake tire loose from complete stop if you mash the throttle

·
Registered
110 Posts
Mine wouldn't even knock the dirt off the top of the tire until i turned up the pump, and changed the exhaust housing.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Mine is bone stock and can smoke the tires from a stop. (If the cable that controls shift pressure is adjusted correctly) I've even turned the low manifold boost screw OUT 2 turns from stock to help fuel economy and it will do it with a little braking until the boost comes up.
Your tires will make a difference. My skinny stock sizes ribs will spin alot easier than some 30's!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok that makes me feel better like stated before, pump is stock besides fuel pin turned and smoke screw, and my tires are deep lug drives so thanks again
how do i adjust the shift cable properly?
ch

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok here's what ive come up with you guys that are telling me you can light em up from a dead stop all have th non ic'd motors from what ive read the non ic'd have bigger injectors and a quicker spooling turbo. where the guys telling me they had to do some mods to break em loose are 91.5 or ic'd which have smaller injectors and a slow spooling turbo.
someone wanna tell me if im on the right track??
ch

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
When my truck was stock I couldn't break a tire loose without a power brake.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ahhh there goes my thery
ch

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I think you're theory holds some water. The non-intercooled's are peppier stock than the intercooled's. Mine must be tired.

They're all gutless.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.