Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well in the last couple of months my tranny's ben acting funney, it likes to skip from 1st to 2nd gear every so often when taking of slow and when driving slow, does anyone no why that might be? And when i get on to it a tad bit it doesnt do it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I believe that the govner pressure selnoid my spelling blows i know, but there is a tsb for this but it will pro happen again. suncoast makes a upgraded assembley
part# 618-GK that should do ya.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well my trucks got a 6inch lift, and i put 2, two inch steel blocks on top of the drive shaft to lower it down a little and that helped some. But now its doing it again. And the trucks never ben beat on and just turned 28,000 miles.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump......

·
Registered
51 Posts
mine did the same thing i just had the governor solenoid repalced bands tightened and the computer re flashed. Im going to pick it up this morning from dealer hopefully it helps.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well let me no if it helps please.

·
Registered
416 Posts
mine did the same thing i just had the governor solenoid repalced bands tightened and the computer re flashed. Im going to pick it up this morning from dealer hopefully it helps.
Yes, that will fix it. Mine did the same thing. Governer solenoid and tighten the bands.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, couple question thoe, whats a govener solenoid, and whys the truck doing it with 28,000 miles and how did you no that that was the probleme?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I believe that the govner pressure selnoid my spelling blows i know, but there is a tsb for this but it will pro happen again. suncoast makes a upgraded assembley
part# 618-GK that should do ya.:thumbsup:
Do you know if the Tranny has to be dropped to put this part in?

·
4,678 Posts
nope,, just pull the pan and you can replace both of these parts. There are several threads on here about it, they have some good instructions i think

·
CF Administrator
12,436 Posts
Well my trucks got a 6inch lift, and i put 2, two inch steel blocks on top of the drive shaft to lower it down a little and that helped some. But now its doing it again. And the trucks never ben beat on and just turned 28,000 miles.
My truck did this 1 - 2 gear hunting at light throttle and it wasnt much longer the bands burnt up and there went the tranny, it was normal when I parked it but once the bands cooled down and contracted over night, started it up the next morning and had nothing..

my .02 is just swap the tranny, its the weak link and ANY aftermarket tranny is the best mod you can do for these trucks, especially if you plan on running a programmer or towing with it, lifting it ect I put in a ATS stage 2 full billet with the 5star converter for $4500 bucks and never looked back

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yeah I wish I could afford to that!!!

·
CF Administrator
12,436 Posts
yeah i hear ya... when mine crapped out on me and go figure warrenty wouldnt cover it due to mods:doh: I just had to hit up the good ole bank and get a loan..

·
Registered
51 Posts
I got my truck back from the dealer and wa la its like brand new. I really noticed a big difference in town its perfect. now i just need to stay away from the larry setting, but its so hard not to use it especially when a duramax pulls up next to you.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Do you know if the Tranny has to be dropped to put this part in?
sorry been workin out in the shop now that its warmin up, you only have to drop the pan, there is a TSB for this take it to the dealer if you have warrenty left if not buy the suncoast upgrade kit cause it will do it again mine did it with 14,000 on the clock but it had mods from 8,000, with the suncoast kit it will not happen ever again, ask me how i know :lol4:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts