Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at buying a new trans for about 5k and im just wondering what brand to go after hopefully i can get all billet internals for this price can you guys give me some suggestions.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do they have the best prices?

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
The biggies are all close to the same price 5-6K. Goerand, HTS, NADP, DTT, and Suncoast are all reputable units.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im looking at getting about 600hp when im finished with my mods do i need to go with the billet shafts or will i be alright leaving them alone?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Where ya located at? Depending where you are there might be guys that are great builders close to you.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Well depending what county your in your about 7hrs from Tim, 9hrs from Jeff. Also could order one and have it sent to you, Shane at Wicked is a certified tranny installer he's in Bristol, Va which is not to far from Clay county if you know where that is and could make sure it is put in right. Another option is FTE Diesel in Ohio, near Hamiltion I think. Wally is the owner up there and they use HTS parts. But just going off my experiance and my friend's- TIm and Jeff are the good, real good. Brian

·
Registered
154 Posts
Im from southeast ky
well, how far are you from Bowlingreen KY??? there is a shop that installs Suncoast there and thats where TS Performance has there transmissions built......and mine

·
Registered
822 Posts
Im from southeast ky
Where abouts? I'm from Owsley dude.

Give FarmTruck diesel on here a call. Talk to Danny (859.445.1453) and tell him what you're goals are. They'll change out your tranny and get Tim Barber to build you a new one, or just sell you one if you wanna install it yourself. Tim has 1000+ hp trucks with his trannys holding out fine. 600 should be no problem. The guys at FarmTruck are good ol' boys and they'll take care of you, and Tim has built a reputation building stout slushboxes.

·
Registered
804 Posts
My Goerend is pretty SWEET!:headbang:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im from perry co thats about 25 mins from clay county and i was thinking about ordering and getting thoroughbred to install it in winchester just because its a little bit over an hour from my house.

Well depending what county your in your about 7hrs from Tim, 9hrs from Jeff. Also could order one and have it sent to you, Shane at Wicked is a certified tranny installer he's in Bristol, Va which is not to far from Clay county if you know where that is and could make sure it is put in right. Another option is FTE Diesel in Ohio, near Hamiltion I think. Wally is the owner up there and they use HTS parts. But just going off my experiance and my friend's- TIm and Jeff are the good, real good. Brian

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was also thinking about just getting my stock one rebuilt with stronger stuff is this a good idea?

·
Registered
822 Posts
I was also thinking about just getting my stock one rebuilt with stronger stuff is this a good idea?
Any one you buy will just be a stocker rebuilt. You'll send in the core and get someone else's "shell" back, but with all the right stuff in it. FarmTruck is in Winchester too, so I would do some comparison shopping first, because both Thoroughbred and FarmTruck would be equally convenient. Also, last time I checked, Thoroughbred don't deal in transmission work.

·
CF Administrator
12,436 Posts
do they have the best prices?
My ATS trans was 4700 for the stage II full billet. I had a dealer install it and paid 6050 in the end. No problems yet with mine and Ive had good luck with ATS, Call them and talk to Eric or find [email protected] on here and he will help you out.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I talked to thoroughbred today and you are right about the most they will do to a tranny is a valve body...i believe that farmtruck is going to be the only way to go for me they are from georgetown so thats around a 2 hour drive and i can get the same tranny and knock off 5 hours of driving time lol

·
Registered
822 Posts
Yeah, and Jay and Danny are real nice guys. They do most of their work in Winchester, so it shouldn't be much out of the way.

·
Registered
804 Posts
My ATS trans was 4700 for the stage II full billet. I had a dealer install it and paid 6050 in the end. No problems yet with mine and Ive had good luck with ATS, Call them and talk to Eric or find [email protected] on here and he will help you out.
$1350.00 for an install!:doh: SOFAKINGBAD and I paid $250.00 each at the dealer to do the swap when I bought his goerend.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts