Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have A 92 Xcab 2 Wheel Drive Auto Diesel With 163000 Miles. We Have Owned Since 52000. I Serviced The Tranny Once At 100000, Before Me The Old Man Had It Done At 25000 And 50000. The Oter Day It All Of A Sudden Acted Like It Had A Brake Sticking, Would Still Pull In All Gears And Shift Fine, Today One Time It Will Go Into Gear And Move Fine Forward And Back, The Next Time You Have To Rev It Way Up For It To Move, But You Can Still Feel It Go Into Gears. Brakes Are Fine. Rear End Is Fine, Sometimes In Reverse It Growls A Little. Could This Just Be The Converter I Pulled The Pan, The Filter Is Not Bad Dirty, Nor Is There Alot Of Clutch Material. Thanks For Any Help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It Is A Three Speed With Overdrive That You Can Punch The Button And Lock It Out If Towing. Was Told That These Are Basically A 727 With An Overdrive Added. Thanks

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
The problem is that sometimes when you put it in gear, it moves very slowly? It is shifting still, but it is moving very slowly regardless of the gear and the RPM?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, It Seems That As It Gets Moving Then It Is Better, Kind Of How An Old Mopar Will Do On A Cold Morning When Youpull Them Into Gear And You Have Really Give It The Gas Untill The Tranny Fully Engages. Then Sometimes It Is Fine For A While Then It Will Feel Like You Turned On The Air Or Halfway Applied The Ebrake, Basically Pulls The Motor Down And Will Actually Cause It To Get A Little Warm. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts