Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys i have a 2008 3500 dually wiht a few power upgrades and i think i had better address the tranny next. my goal in the end is 600 usable, towable horses. What do i need to do? thanks

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
auto sorry.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
guys i am thinking about an ats tranny when they come out in a couple months, but i here the service is terrible. also thinking about a sun coast. what do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
Suncoast. Everyone I know with an ATS trans is unhappy with the trans and/or the service.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
How bout the c/c asin auto for an upgrade?

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
I have a SunCoast torque converter which was installed about 3 weeks ago and guess what happened last night. I was coming back into town, doing about 120KM/H, I pulled out to pass and the RPMs climbed but the truck did not go. When I got home I was in the drive way I put the truck in reverse hit the acceleration and there was about a 3 second pause the RPMs went up then bang it started to move and then the same when I put it in drive. That was with the MP-8 on 100% and the edge on 2.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Let us know how the tranny works out.
Is that the Snow Perf. milage max water meth kit you have? If so, what power gain, egt drop and milage increase did you see. I would like to buy it and hopefully increase my milage or range a bit more.

Only 2 more months til it's a Mega Long Eh!:thumbsup:thumbsup

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Its just the stage 3 water/meth kit.. I had this system in my 03 and took it out before I sold it. I was actually going to do my fuel sysytem this coming friday and then go to the DYNO but I need the Torque converter looked at first. Once the truck is running normal i'll post all my numbers .I only have had the torque converter and tranny for 3 weeks now be nice when someone makes a real set up for the 6.7.. But thats the way things go for me if it can fail it will always happen to me..

·
700hp Club
2,196 Posts
hey powerfull, are you the one testing the injectors for nadp? if so, how are they working out?

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
I bought them from there about 4 months ago , they been good so far only thing I've noticed so far is a little MPG improvement. But My tranny is screwed again I was thinking it was my torque conveter but it is not.. I'm trying to get on the DYNO to get some numbers i'm not having good luck with the tranny. I guess I have bad luck ,this is tranny Number 2 . Its getting a little expensive now. I'm going to get this one fixed and turn the programmers down till someone builds a real one. With the edge on 3 and MP8 at 100% there is very little smoke, which is a good thing.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Powerful is your tranny a suncoast trany? I've been lookin into them not having any problems with my stock one but think i might upgrade soon?

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
No it not a suncoast tranny, I thought they put the suncoast upgrade kit in but they didn't. So its just a rebuilt one I have in the now and going back on friday and pull that tranny again. I was thinking it was the torque converter but it is not

·
Registered
102 Posts
In my opinion whoever built that should eat that tranny and do the suncoast for you. However to my understanding just the suncoast rebuild kit isn't anywere near as good as their full tranny and at about the cost as thoughs amps you got.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I beleive Goerend has a torque converter and maybe a few other things available now. Reb brown was talking about it over on the TDR a while back. He seemed very impressed and noted a fuel mileage inc. if I remember correctly....might want to give them a call as well.

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
In my opinion whoever built that should eat that tranny and do the suncoast for you. However to my understanding just the suncoast rebuild kit isn't anywere near as good as their full tranny and at about the cost as thoughs amps you got.
The place that installed the tranny is going to fix it no problem there . Its just that there 4 1/2hr. south of me. Does Suncoast make a complete tranny for the 6.7 auto? I was talking to Ron (I think it was Ron) and he didn't mention anything. And your right if I really get stuck I can sell my amps and pick up a new tranny..

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yes they do have a full tranny. I don't think that the input or output shafts are aftermarket but valvebody and a lot of internals are new along with extra clutch's in the packs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts