Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive done absoutly no modfications to my trans. and thankfully its not slipping but i know that its not a happy camper. I do have a medium heavy foot but i do know the limits. so will it help if i put a street/strip VB, billet tripple disc. converter, and billet input, how much farther can i go with the HP range. I also took the injectors out and put a 100 plate. I was thinkin of goin with DTT, but what would you suggest.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
yes a upgraded v/b, triple disc t/c, and a billet input will be like night and day difference and is the best minimum that you should do, all three shafts wouldnt be bad but that'll let ya be set for well over 500 i would say, but once you start really pullin hard and boosted launches i would be concerned about the the other two shafts then:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,486 Posts
Well, we use HTS for Valve Bodies. Dusty really knows how to tune a VB. We have our own line of converters built here locally and they are tough!

How many miles on the transmission? You may be at a point where you might as well wait until you are ready for a rebuild if there are a ton of miles on it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i really have no idea how many miles are on the tranny the truck has 210k on it but it shifts great and runs awsome

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mine has 105k. not that bad. but when i was pulling 10k lb truck + 3500 lb trailer lastweek, it was kinda sluggish uphill (40* grade) at 2k rpm. but shifts fine.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You might want to get a stronger band strut, anchor, and a billet band lever also. Adjust your bands while you're into it and get a pan with added capacity.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Goerend bros will hook you up with anything you need, dave goerend has excellent customer service and will steer you in the rigth direction.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,247 Posts
I would use Goerend or Jeff Garmon. Probably two of the top builders there. One thing is that Jeff uses Opie Billet Shafts and there is no better shaft then Opie. Goerend uses Sonnex, very good also but not as strong as Opie.

My opinion if you are going to keep it under 600hp I would not mess with the Intermedite, Output, and front drum. Unless you are going to be doing alot of boosted lauches then I would do the intermedite also. The output is so short its going to be hard to break it (4wd it is). I would do, TC, VB, Clutches, Bands, Shift Levers, High Flow Pump, and a few other misc items that I forgot. I would not waste the money on a after market oil pan unless you want the drain plug and a spot for the sending unit on a temp gauge.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So basicly a rebuild kit. I dont plan to reach 600hp, somewhere in the 425-500 hp range. its a daily driver so gotta keep it reasonable.

Do Gorend and Garmon have a (website, e-mail, ph#) that i can contact them with?

·
Registered
61 Posts
goerend 1-563-778-2719

·
Smells like Bananas
7,247 Posts
So basicly a rebuild kit. I dont plan to reach 600hp, somewhere in the 425-500 hp range. its a daily driver so gotta keep it reasonable.

Do Gorend and Garmon have a (website, e-mail, ph#) that i can contact them with?
If all you plan to do is 500hp max. I would only do a Billet Input shaft. Any more billet at that HP is waste of money.

I plan to do a full billet built tranny by the end of the year on my 96'. My goal is going to be 700 on fuel and 1000 on spray once I am done but its a pipe dream at the moment. I want the truck to be a daily if needed. At the moment I am leaning towards Goerend but a good friend of mine just got a full billet Garmon. So seeing how it turns out on his truck will dictate which one I will buy. But the fact that he uses Opie shafts is very tempting as they are the best hands down.

If you want to look for more infor Competition Diesel is a great forum also. That is where you will find the Big Dogs of Diesel power. Top builders, Sled pullers, and Drag trucks guys are found there.

Jeff
Garmons Diesel Performance Home

Dave
Goerend Transmission Incorporated

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yah i checked them out and id be like a novice in there world :lol4:

Thanks for the links

1 - 14 of 14 Posts