Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
HI
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is a good temp to set my defueling points at for my tranny. what is too high a temp before it hurts the tranny. the reason i asked is i was pulling today and when i had it in tow/haul mode my tranny temps got up around 210 degrees and when i put the tow/haul mode off the temps dropped to 198. should i be worried about 210 or is this an acceptable temp to be expected. any help would be greatly appriciated. thanks guys:thumbsup

·
HI
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
210 sounds higher than i would like mine to be. my alarm goes off at 204. highest i ever got was 214 drag racing about 5 times in a row. my mechanic said that was a little high but not to bad, he said 230-250 would be bad

·
HI
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
210 sounds higher than i would like mine to be. my alarm goes off at 204. highest i ever got was 214 drag racing about 5 times in a row. my mechanic said that was a little high but not to bad, he said 230-250 would be bad
ok thanks alot man:thumbsup

·
HI
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what can i do to keep it cooler

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
A deep pan would help. On a side note does anyone know what temp the trans temp idiot light comes on at?? About a year ago I got real stuck in the snow/mud and the light came on as I was trying to get out, as soon as it did i put it in neutral and let it idle, I just didnt have gauges then, and I'd like to know. Thanks!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts