Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all my other gauges work that I installed today... the tranny guage lights up but can't get a reading... checked connections, I put the Accu sensor around the cooler line on the bend coming out of the tranny... what can I try to do thanks for the help they are the automenter ultra lites

·
Registered
443 Posts
Did you put any teflon tape around the sending unit's threads?

That is how my gauge gets its ground, via the sending unit. Once I removed the tape, it started working just fine.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
What guages did you go with?

How long did you drive it? If it was around the block or just a minute down the road, you need to drive it longer.

·
Registered
8,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got it to work but what is a normal driving temp reading not just around the block... truck has 29k miles and the rest is in the sig.. thanks it sits around 150 most of the time

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Is the accu sensor on the fwd line that has the short piece of black hose on it?

Cruising down the highway with temps 60°F or below it doesn't read anything for me. Lately with the temps around 80°F I see around 140° cruising down the road. When i come up to a long stop light I can physically watch the gauge rise in temp. Tons of stop and go traffic it will sit around 200°F but drops right down when i get moving at a decent speed. When I drove through Fossil Rim Wildlife Center in TX, the outside temps where in the 90's and I saw as high as 220° putting around at walking speed with the A/C on.

What is the highest temp you have seen?

·
Registered
8,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im getting ready to go on a trip tomorrow and ill see what my temps are... i had a 4k lb trailer with 10k lbs in it and my temp never got over 180... I was in some stop and go but not bad... other than that normal driving around town its like 150...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts