Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knew that I had to be very careful of the added Smarty power, and I have been. I've been feeling out the power slowly.
At low speed, when I make a left hand turn, not a right, just left, the tranny slips. It's like it comes out of gear and the engine revs up for a second or two then goes back into gear and off I go.
Also, under heavy acceleration, the RPMs climp to 3500 and the truck wont shift from 3rd to 4th. It just hangs there until I lift a little.
Any ideas here folks?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
fluid level was approx. 1 qt low. Fluid looked good though and didn't smell burnt.
The truck still will not shift into overdrive under moderate acceleration.
I have to lift before it will shift.

The truck just came out of shop for T case swap out. They said they had to drain some of the tranny fluid.
What could they have done? It wasn't doing this before they had it?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, forgot to mention, when I hit the gas on the highway while in overdrive, the tranny shifts down and just revs to high heaven. I have to lift before it will shift back into OD. I've had this truck for 2 weeks and already dropped $3k on it replacing the T case and other related parts. Is this tranny smoked?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Also, forgot to mention, when I hit the gas on the highway while in overdrive, the tranny shifts down and just revs to high heaven. I have to lift before it will shift back into OD. I've had this truck for 2 weeks and already dropped $3k on it replacing the T case and other related parts. Is this tranny smoked?
yikes, id say most likely. Looks like the guy sold you a truck he knew was screwed up.

·
Registered
842 Posts
What level is the smarty on?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Took the truck to H&M transmission in Castle Rock.
Lots of uglies in the tranny filter.
Going to have them build my 48re.
For those of you who recommended Paul, thank you.
Can't wait to drive my truck without fear of breaking the rear end!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The smarty was on 3. Then I set it back to stock and it was still doing it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.