Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day im driving on expressway at crusing speed.....BAMMM! Tranny kiccked out of 4th gear, slowed down and pulled over....look under truck and tranny fluid is pouring out....case is cracked all way around just behind pan. My ques. is what could have caused this???? Is there anything i could have down to prevent???? Also open to suggestions for tranny replacement -- truck is daily driver pulling cpl thous pounds nothing significant every day, plowing in winter months, occasional sled pull. I need reliability, strength, and longevity. Original went almost 140k miles with regular, routine maintenance and mag-hytec pan. My thought is a new/used(500-1kmiles)stock tranny with aftermarket tq, billet input, and trans-go shift kit. Apologies for being so long

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ANYBODY???? Any thoughts, opinions, advice?????????

·
Registered
200 Posts
Was reading yesterday in the warrenty section of Goerend Transmission. They stated that they would not warrenty your trans if the case is cracked. They said bad u-joints or a misaligned u-joint on the tailshaft can cause a vibration that will crack your trans. May have been the issue with the lift and pulling everyonce in awhile. Check the u-joints to see if one was bad. If it is, sounds like you found the issue. I'm sure Goerend could tell you more about it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
A year ago or so when I thought I had tranny problems (turned out to be something else) I did a lot of research on aftermarket transmissions & components. Goerend would have been my choice because of reputation and proximity to my location.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts