Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Need a recommendation for a shop in So Cal to rebuild my 47re.
My truck is used for towing a 9000 lb 5th wheel and I am running an almost stock 96 5.9. The tranny is still working ok at 170000 but I plan to rebuild before I head across the US. Any recommendations would be appreciated!!

thanks

Paul Smith

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
Lukes transmission in Riverside good people to deal with they do all the tranny's for the racer's around this area

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
PPE or englewood transmission

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I know this is an oldish post, but if you haven't taken your truck in yet, Harrels Transmission in Covina does an excellent job for a decent price

·
Registered
999 Posts
PPE or englewood transmission
Not to step on your toes...Inglewood Transmissions. Talk to Mike L. He's the owner of this shop and is located in Fullerton.

He stands behind his products/work. VERY good ppl.

·
Registered
51 Posts
all automatic in Bakersfield

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Hey fellas, i went to inglewood transmission in fullerton and the guy there gave me a quote of 4500 for a triple disc, billet flex plate and billet input.. I wanted to also have a billet output, but he said thats gonna cost a whole lot more.. Any of you guys with a built 48re and similar build pay something in the area.. I would like to do business with them but im not sure if that is pricey or not. You get what you pay for i guess. thanks in advance..

·
Registered
381 Posts
I would respect Mike's suggestion because he has taken into account what you are going to do with the truck. I would say billet output may be overkill for you and Mike probably didn't want you to pay for something you didn't need. Mike is good people, the price sounds real good to me. Just my 2 cents ...

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
right on.. im not really transmission savvy so i just had to ask.. 4500 is alot of money and i would like to make that stretch as far as it can go if you know what i mean.. im gonna stop by his shop sometime next week and talk to him again.. thanks for the reply..

·
Registered
558 Posts
Transmission

MIKE INSTALLED MY SUNCOAST ABOUT 5 YEARS AGO 7,500 4,500 IS A DROP IN THE BUCKET HE IS THE BEST IN THE WEST! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :flag1::usa:

·
Registered
381 Posts
right on.. im not really transmission savvy so i just had to ask.. 4500 is alot of money and i would like to make that stretch as far as it can go if you know what i mean.. im gonna stop by his shop sometime next week and talk to him again.. thanks for the reply..
Your welcome. Come back and tell us what the findings were after the tranny was pulled apart!

I think Grumpy is the one that's right on:thumbsup:

·
Registered
999 Posts
Mike went with Dave's (GOEREND) conv./vb. on my trans. build. I haven't had a bit of trouble at all....going strong as the day I test drove it after I put back in. Just wish I went with this in the 1st place instead of the purple p.o.s....could of had some more go-fast goodies!!

I didn't even know about these forums when I bought my truck...heard of bullydog from another guy who decided to go with banks instead of bdog....he wasted his $$$$. After I installed the bdpmt is when I tried the extreeme mode and ended up wasting my trans. I was desparate for a trans. and was told about ATS. How I wish I knew then what I know now...live n learn.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Your welcome. Come back and tell us what the findings were after the tranny was pulled apart!

I think Grumpy is the one that's right on:thumbsup:
will do. ill keep you posted as soon as work gives me time to let go of my truck for a little while.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts