Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished my clutch up on thursday and took a small trip this weekend.

It's about what I expected as far as engagement wise, pedal pressure is a little more than I had hoped for and the noise idling with the clutch engaged is less than i thought it would be.

My question is for those of you with double disc clutches. Does your transmission make a pretty noticeable rattle when in fifth gear accelerating between 1300 and 1800 rpms??

After about 1800 the noise goes away and if I let off the throttle it goes away too.

FluidDampner Time???

·
Banned
1,374 Posts
mine does that in 4th after i put my dd in

·
Banned
1,374 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
my first dd was unsprung and it did make that noise my new one does not make that noise. it is not a problem just an observation yours should be fine :thumbsup

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
I have this same problem in 5th gear, i thought i ordered a sprung hub did i get the wrong clutch?

·
Premium Member
25,250 Posts
Do you think the Fluiddampn would help the noise?
The Fluidampr made a world of difference with mine at idle, much quieter, but I only had the noise at idle. (It was the NV5600, not the G56 though)
The pedal pressure also lighten up after a while.

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Registered
226 Posts
my truck does exactly the same friggin thing, it acctually vibrates the whole truck. if/when you get it figured out be sure to let me know cuz ive tore my tranny apart 3 times now trying to figure out where its coming from!! haha

i thought a Fluiddampr might help as well but not sure.

anybody know if the valair NMU70G56DD has a sprung hub or not?

·
Registered
102 Posts
same here mine is a sprung hub or supossed to be 5th gear is the noisyest especially if you lug it down abit i just live with it nothing has flew apart yet these are awsum clutches! you can beat them! and they beg for more! lol....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts