Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay to start of with i have a gas truck, sorry but i like dodges and this is my girls truck. We bought the truck "as is" with 39s and a 13 inch lift, its a 94 1500 we havent even drove the thing 300 miles in the past year due to crazy death wobble, i have replaced all but 1 tie rods and i still have the wobble. During driving it like 4 miles today it started sprayin tranny fluid like crazy. Its been leaking a little here and there but now its awful. I have holes in the bottom close to the engine, they were there when we bought it but it didnt leak at the time, but im losing about all of the fluid now. the buisness went out of buisness and we love the big truck. One option is a tranny? or can i weld a plate over the whole, i dont have a huge budget but im thinking of just swapping the lift and tires to a different vehicle

·
Premium Member
18,680 Posts
if the part is already bad i would try welding it before i would buy a new one. just beware that you might have seals or gaskets that might get hot in the process. just cool it down slowly after you weld it. it looks like cast alum so you might pre heat it a little bit before you start. also make sure it is VERY clean before you weld it. clean as much as you can. be very patient because you don't want to make a mistake. besides what is the worst that can happen is got a hole in it right? o yea disconnect the battery before you do this if you try and weld it in the truck. just becasue you don't have a cummins don't mean we can't show love lol. i have done a lot of welding like this so be confident about it. if the weld boils out just grind it off and try to keep the heat as low as possible. have fun!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts