Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Too my truck to the dealer today to have a look at my tranny. The problem that i'm having is that as soon as the truck goes into 5th or 6th gear and you put the slightest strain on the engine (like going up a small hill) the torque converter locks and unlocks ,the RPM's jumper up and down, it does this a few times then puts the truck in limp mode. The tech took the truck for a ride and saw the issue I was having. He said it wasn't throwing any codes ,and all the pressuse were good in the tranny. He had no idea was is wrong. The only thing he suggested was putting the EGR system back on.. Not sure what to do!!!

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
the EGR should have nothing to do with the tranny working right. I wish i could be more helpful but it sounds like something is wrong with the torque converter or the lockup module/switch, whatever it is.

·
Registered
431 Posts
It could be the the solonid (don't know how to spell it) in the tranny, mine would do it between first and second that thats what that was.

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im not sure what to do..they told be to installed the EGR system and exhaust filters before they would look at anything..and still won't cover it under warrenty..Which im not to worried about i'd just like to know whats wrong and get it fixed. Its been like this for about 3 months now.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts