Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 12 valve having horrible tranny issues. It has a hard time shifting from 2nd to 3rd. I have the 4k gov springs i also has billet input shafts torque converter and servos. Anyone have any ideas as to why im having this issue?

·
Banned
1,709 Posts
Have you checked the adjustment on the second gear band.... Does it feel like it's binding or hanging in second?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It feels like its stickin. It holds out at 4 grand till i back out of the throttle and hammer back down.... i have no idea as to what could be the issue, im just hoping its something small

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
well you should check your second gear band and what servos are in it check your line pressure at park and with the TC locked up in drive and then check your governor pressure with a set of gauges until then nobody can really help you who built your trans man we need alot more freaking info on that thing its hard to diagnose a trans problem from 100 miles away over a computer in fact its actually impossible ................:banghead:

·
BlackedoUT VP
1,697 Posts
Glad you came to the forum Preston, these guys will for sure help you out.

·
BlackedoUT VP
1,001 Posts
it really sounds like a valve body or sensor issue, change out the speed sensor on the trans and see if that helps or if you can get it to me i can watch the gov pressure and what the shift solenoids are trying to do with my scanner

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
roln coal where are you from, i would like for you to help for sure

·
Premium Member
18,680 Posts
this is gonna sound dumb, clean your battery post before you try throwing money at it, plus use dome dielectric grease on the connections :thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,709 Posts
this is gonna sound dumb, clean your battery post before you try throwing money at it, plus use dome dielectric grease on the connections :thumbsup:
Doesn't sound stupid to me duke especially with the half a$$ grounding system that our wonderful Dodge's have ftl!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts