Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came across an issue I am having with my truck. On the freeway today I was cruising around 70mph when all the sudden my truck "Jerked" back real quick then it went away. Everything seems to be alright, shifting, no codes (yet), etc. It does it every once in a while now. Could this be a tranny issue or some sort of sensor problem? Any info will be appreciated, thanks.

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any ideas? When it happens the whole truck Jerks almost like if you unplug something then plug it back it real fast. I didnt see any change in rpms though. It also has done this cruising on the streets as well.

· Registered
21 Posts
do you have a remote start i had similar prob and it was part of the remote start system i unplugged the wire on the ecm that tthey tapped in to it was shutting the truck offf for a split second at a time and seemed to get worse unplug and hasnt done it yet

· Registered
21 Posts
do you have a remote start i had similar prob and it was part of the remote start system i unplugged the wire on the ecm that tthey tapped in to it was shutting the truck offf for a split second at a time and seemed to get worse unplug and hasnt done it yet mine was a viper system hope this helps

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I do have a remote start...Clifford but they all come from the same manufacturer. How do you know it was coming from where they tapped into the ECM? Which wire is the ECM where they might have tapped into on mine? Did you just unplug that connection and it was alright? Thanks.

· Registered
21 Posts
i could see where it was spliced and just unplugged then drove it for a while the remotestart dont work but no big deal yet and has not acted up for a couple months what it was doing i think is one of the modules for the start has ahort and tells the truck to shut down momentarily if you have any more ? feel free to ask

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.