Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty then…I know this subject has been discussed before and I have been reading different posts, but here’s what I got. I had a 98 12v regular cab 5 spd, and sold it because I wanted an extended cab/quad cab. I found a 98 12v quad cab long box, but with an auto. After extensive debating with myself, I decided to get it. Now I have the thought to convert it to a manual. I don’t mind the auto, its stock. But I miss the being able to control what gear you are in, getting the power to the ground in every gear, and shifting sometimes. Plus manuals just seem simpler and more straight forward as far as maintenance and if anything would ever go wrong. So I was looking for feedback, opinions, and truths, whatever. I’m wondering if I should do the conversion, or keep the auto and build it up? I have 4000 GSK, #10 plate, plan on getting some DDP stage 2 or 3 injectors, and maybe twin turbos, and that would be about it. I also pull a gooseneck occasionally hauling equipment, pull a travel trailer, and I would like to be able to sled pull every now and then. If I put a manual in I would put in a dual disk clutch that can be sled pulled as well as street able. Does anyone have a dual disk clutch and pull a trailer regularly and sled pull? How is it on the street with the trailer? Same question for an auto? How much would you have to build one up for my application? Anyone run an auto pulling trailers a lot and sled pull at all? How often do you change the fluid on a built up tranny to prolong its life? Any feedback and opinions would be appreciated! Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts