Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
manual says something like 4 qts with filter change.I just did mine and too like 6 or 7.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok cause i just did mine tonight and put 5 and a 1/4 quarts in and im just at the ok line gonna drive to work and check it in morning when i get there so it is at operating temp

·
Registered
164 Posts
When I installed my Shift Kit; dropping the filter and VB left me adding 13 qts to get it back to operating level.

·
Registered
463 Posts
VB= Valve Body. If you take the valve body off then you will drain more fluid. If you do a quick pan drop and filter change then you will probably only get between 5 and 6 quarts. I've gotten up to 10 by dropping the pan and removing the filter and letting it set over night to drain before I put the pan back on. I was waiting on a different filter, that was the over night wait. DTT recommends a 727 filter on their transmissions instead of the 48RE filter. It filters better and flows more, but I had to wait till morning to get the different filter since I bought the wrong one first. I didn't know about the different filter until after I dropped the pan and it was after closing time.

Reactions: 2007 cummins

·
Registered
164 Posts
I would plan for 8. It never hurts to have an extra quart laying around if you dont use it all.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
6 quarts put mine in the middle of the safe zone. This is after a 20 mile drive at 25F outside temp.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
It took 6.5 qts to refill mine after changing the filter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts