Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fun times. Driving home last night, pulled away from a traffic light. Went over a frost heave in the road and unloaded the rear wheels. Trans went SNAP. no more gears! Really didn't expect that from an ATS.:confused013: Now have to figure out what broke.

· Registered
155 Posts
sorry man i know how that feels... probably one of the shafts, at least i hope thats all

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bummer dude! does "park" work?
Yes park still works. That makes me think probably input shaft, or maybe intermediate. going to be spendy regardless :banghead:

· Registered
361 Posts
when i had a tranny prob with my wifes exploder, the tranny shop told me (and they were right) "... it's nothing money wont fix."

· Registered
125 Posts
sorry for the loss.....I know what it feels like not having my truck for 1 day,transmission lines rotted through and all the fluid was on the underbody of the truck....truck is now at the repair shop undergoing surgery.hopefully done by tomorrow....

· Registered
956 Posts
damn man that sucks, it sounds like the input shaft. maybe the intermediat shaft but rebuilds suck i just got mine back last week after a effin month in the shop, due to rusted transmission lines that took out my tranny so nadp rebuilt it for half of what i thought it woulda been.

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
when i had a tranny prob with my wifes exploder, the tranny shop told me (and they were right) "... it's nothing money wont fix."
No truer words have been spoken:hehe:

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well got her fixed. Smoked the gear the input shaft drives. Took out the internal splines. Nice to have it back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.