Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys sport a Train/Semi horn? If so, how does the law look at them and where's a good place to grab a kit?

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
Don't think there's much the law can do :w:

I know you're about cheap, so you could probably find a good used air tank, a set of train horns from a train salvage and...not sure about a compressor...my friend always puts train horns on his semis, and picks the actual horns up at a salvage...

Otherwise, you can pick up a full train horn kit from hornblasters.com...it's $$$ though...

·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
419 Posts
on my last truck i had one from hornblasters.com . i bought the conductors special for around 600 and it was awesome. im going to get another one for the new truck

J-Mo

·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
on my last truck i had one from hornblasters.com . i bought the conductors special for around 600 and it was awesome. im going to get another one for the new truck

J-Mo
Never caught any crap from the locals from it?

·
Registered
419 Posts
not from the locals cause i know most of them, but i did get stopped during spring break in panama city but it was my fault for using it way too much while making driving down the main drag. people would honk at my old truck and i would respond with a mighty train blast

this is the old truck

J-Mo

·
Registered
419 Posts
sorry i dont have any pics of the horn set up...

·
Registered
419 Posts
i have a friend on Dodgetruckworld.com who is a cop. i showed him the horn at gtg and he said the you could be ticketed for using it the same way they would ticket you for playing your car stereo too loud

J-Mo

·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have a friend on Dodgetruckworld.com who is a cop. i showed him the horn at gtg and he said the you could be ticketed for using it the same way they would ticket you for playing your car stereo too loud

J-Mo
Nothing big then. Just a lil non moving vio. ticket never hurt anything. That was a nice gasser btw..

·
Registered
66 Posts
the videos were awsome

·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have two Hadley air horns, 24" and 27" I think. Got the horns, tank, and compressor for $300. They're 130db with a 130psi compressor or you can upgrade to a 150psi for 150db. I use them all the time and never have any trouble from the cops. Its nice to have the air too. I put an adapter on so I can hook up an airline to air up tires or whatever. By far my fav investment.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I got my dual semi truck horns from www.airhornsoftexas.com. It works great. It's not fully complete, but almost everything you need. This is the 1230 kit. I haven't had any trouble with the law yet, but I watch where I blow them. I used the spare tire location to mount everything and I also fixed the air tank to be used for an on-board air supply.

·
Banned
275 Posts
I have a 5 gal tank with a Viair compressor hooked up my Airbags and my Train Horns... I forget the brand og horn, but they are great quality and great finish and loud as all hell... I was told Nathans were the best horns on the market and that TrainHorns.org was all fake wanna be BS...here's the truck, the horns are mounted where my spare used to be...

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
i had a horn setup on my old truck, i was dissapointed with it, they arent as loud as you think plus you will have a air compressor running all the time, unless you run a belt drive air compressor like the big boys do

·
Banned
275 Posts
I have a 5 gal tank and a 500 cfm 100% duty cycle compressor, it runs when I lean on the horn, but with quick honks it doesn't...I love my setup, I want to go even louder. They are extremely loud...

·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I got my dual semi truck horns from www.airhornsoftexas.com. It works great. It's not fully complete, but almost everything you need. This is the 1230 kit. I haven't had any trouble with the law yet, but I watch where I blow them. I used the spare tire location to mount everything and I also fixed the air tank to be used for an on-board air supply.

Nice setup! You install that yourself?

·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have a 5 gal tank with a Viair compressor hooked up my Airbags and my Train Horns... I forget the brand og horn, but they are great quality and great finish and loud as all hell... I was told Nathans were the best horns on the market and that TrainHorns.org was all fake wanna be BS...here's the truck, the horns are mounted where my spare used to be...

I'll look into it, thanks. :beer

1 - 20 of 25 Posts