Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a set of train horns. Now all I need is to find a place to mount them. If you've got some on your truck, where did you mount them?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Post 40 is where the train horn install starts in my onboard air thread:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I actually saw that thread in my search, however, I cant see the photos that were posted in there. Maybe it's too old?
Where did you mount it?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Thanks. I actually saw that thread in my search, however, I cant see the photos that were posted in there. Maybe it's too old?
Where did you mount it?
Dunno, I see them clearly on PC and mobile...

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I figured it out- it was the wifi I was on. I can see it now. Thanks.

Reactions: krashDH

·
SuperModerator
10,412 Posts
I put mine up under there as well but mounted them differently.
I have mine wired so it works with the OEM horn, it triggers a relay that sends power to the air valve.
They don't sound when locking the truck but will sound with the panic button on the fob.

I'll try to get a pic of the mount I made.

@krashDH
Very nice write-up and work you did.

Reactions: krashDH

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Mine were mounted between the bumper and front drivers side wheel well.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I must have a different style of horn than the one that was put in front of the wheelwell. As I was crawling around under there today, I looked at that spot but there's no way that mine would fit there.

I wired in a push button for it just underneath my radio. Instead of having it sound with the OEM horn, it's going to have its own button. I'm still exploring options of where to put it and whether to mount the solenoid directly to it or have it up the airline a little way.

The other little button turns on a set of rear facing led's I installed in the bumper.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts