Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Ive been searching, reading, and still cant find exactly what Im looking for. For those that have train horns, did you wire them using the stock horn or use an alternate push button of some sort? Where did you grab your "hot"? Off the power adapter on the left side (lighter).
Any info, pics, ect ? Thanks -Smokes

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
I used a four post relay and took the power for the horn compressor and trigger right off the passenger side battery. I used a push button switch in the cab and just needed a single wire and a ground to fire the relay.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK. SO you went red and black off battery, to two terminals on the 4 post relay. Them from the relay to the compressor? Thanks for the response.:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I had problems with my relay so i went hot right from the battery to the compressor and have a toggle switch in the cab to turn it on/off. Then another hot wire for the horn push button. Both have in-line fuses.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I had them on my 99 and used the factory horn. Just unhooked my factory horns and got power from the relay.

·
T-BONE
987 Posts
I did like XDAC....I just put a in-line fuse on my hot wires and put a push button for the silenoid and a toggle switch for the compressor. I also put a led light by my switches that is tagged into my compressor wire after the pressure switch....so it comes on when my compressors on, so I can tell how long it runs.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I wired mine straight to my horns. The truck is generally in the middle of nowhere out on some trail, so I wasn't too worried about "annoying" someone in city limits.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Try to use a ignition source, power only when the key is on, you can do this buy tapping into the fuse panel, find an empty slot and get a connetor and just slip into the fuse panel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts