Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what kind do you have and what kind is best? i have money and i want to get one

please help

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
go to your local junk yard, get some off the top of a big rig, "forget" to pay for them, rebuild them and rig a medium size portable air tank in the bed of your truck and mount them on the roof! so how ever much it cost to rebuild them and get a tank.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I have a klien (sp) kit. its just 2 air horns and a compressor..i was very picky when i was buying mine because i wanted it to sound exactly like a train, none of the high pitched noise that will just scare you. Heres it installed on my old truck. I spend about $350 after everything was done..

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
ive been looking into them as well. my buddy has a "train horn" and to be honest it is loud but dosnt sound like a train. Make sure you get some that actually sound like a train.

·
Banned
722 Posts
CANNONBALL EXPRESS. loud enough to he heard almost a mile away. will make a old person have an heartattack. DB is around 158 i think. horns are so loud it will deplete your air tank quick. true train sound. they have sound formats on there website along with many other great horns. sorry i dont have site available but sure u can find it under google.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
CANNONBALL EXPRESS. loud enough to he heard almost a mile away. will make a old person have an heartattack. DB is around 158 i think. horns are so loud it will deplete your air tank quick. true train sound. they have sound formats on there website along with many other great horns. sorry i dont have site available but sure u can find it under google.
that's just under 10 db's louder than my system, and that's frickin loud!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Mine I put 2 tanks on mine 8gal. and 3 gal.welded the horns to my cross member.Tanks one tank is:thumbsup bolted to my truck body under the quad cab and other welded to my frame on the passenger side bed frame nobody can see.I also have fixed it where I can air tires up off of it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
holy cow ccoop that is crazy! yea im not gonna spend that!

has anyone heard of trainhorn.org?

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
We have the conductors special with the 5 gal tank and the big compressor in a group buy right now. Just look on here for hornblasters group buy.

Chuck

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
woodsrat how do the packages come? does it come with good instructions and mounting instructions

1 - 11 of 11 Posts