Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With our roads getting worse and worse I am considering doing some ride conversions. One being an air 5th wheel hitch. Since I run a mega the options are somewhat limited. The one at the top of my list is Trailersaver, I like that they are a well established company and the product looks top of the line. So anyone use one? I am not sure if I am going with the remote or manual slider.

My other air upgrades are going to be seat, kelderman 2 bag rear suspension, and maybe an air receiver hitch.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have not use one. But on rigs pulling better quaility horse and living combo use them alottttt.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guess I should have updated this long ago. I ended up buying the Trailer Saver hitch. Was over $3000! Well all can say I am sure glad they had a no hassle return, it was surely not worth the money.

Now I also did an air ride seat and that was well worth effort.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Guess I should have updated this long ago. I ended up buying the Trailer Saver hitch. Was over $3000! Well all can say I am sure glad they had a no hassle return, it was surely not worth the money.

Now I also did an air ride seat and that was well worth effort.
Could you post some details/pics of the air ride seat?

·
Registered
590 Posts
I built my own air lift/ride system. It works OK but surely not $3000 worth.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Could you post some details/pics of the air ride seat?
Its and air ride seat base made by National for our trucks and I made adapters to attach the factory seat. Then I used a 5 gal air tank for my air source. One fill on the tank lasts months.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts