Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, I am a Dodge newbie. My Ford had plenty of spots to mount the controller. Not a lot of options in the Dodge with a hand shaker. Will be mounting mine in the next couple of days when we put the B&W gooseneck and my in-box wiring in.

So where are you guys with manuals putting your controller? I was considering on the panel in front of the stick.

·
Registered
461 Posts
My Prodigy is mounted to the knee panel just to the right of the steering column. Works fine there and is not in my way.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
Same as Donn

·
Registered
81 Posts
I took out the ash tray and stuffed it in there
joe

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
My Prodigy is mounted to the knee panel just to the right of the steering column. Works fine there and is not in my way.

Same here..

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2008 Ram 2500 QCSB, 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
2,457 Posts
hope this helps:

·
Registered
461 Posts
What's that thingy next to the brake controller with the piece of plastic bag sticking to it??

Mine has a BIG consol there

·
Registered
929 Posts
same here except mine is on the left side, my CB is mounted on the right side.

·
Registered
597 Posts
How do you guys like the prodigy, I just ordered one today.:thumbsup

·
Registered
929 Posts
i love it! the best controller i've had!:thumbsup

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2008 Ram 2500 QCSB, 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
2,457 Posts
What's that thingy next to the brake controller with the piece of plastic bag sticking to it??

Mine has a BIG consol there
The original poster stated he had a 6-Speed Manual Transmission (read: handshaker). The bag is for garbage since Dodge saw fit to remove the trash bag hook from the dash in '06.

·
Registered
368 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
OK guys, I am a Dodge newbie. My Ford had plenty of spots to mount the controller. Not a lot of options in the Dodge with a hand shaker. Will be mounting mine in the next couple of days when we put the B&W gooseneck and my in-box wiring in.

So where are you guys with manuals putting your controller? I was considering on the panel in front of the stick.
CB-
I mounted my Prodigy in the slot that is just below the radio. I drilled a small hole in the back, for the wires. The Prodigy is just slid in snug, on the passenger side of the slot. I can easily slide it out, and unplug to take it out of sight.

With it mounted there, it is still easily viewed, reached, adjusted(all controls work without interference), and I never hit it with my knee or boots. Plus, I can still put my can of Copenhagen next to it, or my Ipod.

Hope this helps you out.
-Rhyno

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
CB-
I mounted my Prodigy in the slot that is just below the radio.
Same spot that I put mine in but I made a bracket to hold it in there since pretty much everything I've ever put in that slot under the radio has wound up in the back seat at some point. :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys that gives me a couple of different options. Not sure thought that mine would fit below the radio. Will have to look at that again. I have a couple of older controllers. I guess that I am too cheap to buy a nice fancy new one when the old ones still work fine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I agree Prodigy rocks!Mounted right side by knee works great:thumbsup

·
Smells like Bananas
7,244 Posts
One thing that i have notice with the Prodigy. Being that it uses a accelerometer it helps to keep it inline with the truck, rather than a little sides wides or at a slant. It just seems to work a little better. It could be just my imagination playing with me though

·
Registered
174 Posts
One thing that i have notice with the Prodigy. Being that it uses a accelerometer it helps to keep it inline with the truck, rather than a little sides wides or at a slant. It just seems to work a little better. It could be just my imagination playing with me though

Mine did not care what angle it was mounted at, I ran it in my Powerstroke for 3 years before moving it to my new CTD.

BTW, they have a new model out ( P3) that is even better if you are going to run electric over hydro.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts