Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pull a 40 ft. gooseneck with electric over hydraulic brakes. The trailer battery fuse keeps popping. When the fuse pops no trailer brakes. The fuse is located in the fuse box under the hood. Can anybody tell me whats going on.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
How bout it. Can I get a radio check ??? Is this thing working???

·
Registered
94 Posts
I had a trailer once that had a very high current draw and I had to run a much heavier wire to the brake controller right from the battery on the truck and I used a 30 amp fuse on this wire. That solved my problem. Not sure if this would help you.......

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
also check the wiring at the trailer axles and make sure they are in good shape, may be grounding out somewhere. ive had mine cut from rocks

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
and besides that if there is too many axels it will overload the fuse.... try putting a bigger one... just 5-10amps

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The trailer is a 1998 Texas Bragg with @ 10,000 lbs. axels., bought it last summer. Put on over 70,000 miles with no problems. The wires need checking out. The fuse is a 20 amp, maybe try running a 30 amp and see what it does.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts