Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after careful consideration, ive come to the conclusion that it just doesnt make any sense to pay almost $600. per month on a yard ornimant. Ive finally decided to trade in my beast. The worst part is...im replacing it with a 09 Toyota Corolla Type S. Even I cant believe im going to do this, but the way the economy is, this seems to be the most logical thing to do at this point. I drove past the local Citgo and there diesel price is the highest ive seen yet. 4.17/gal! That pretty much helped me with my decision, a Corolla that gets 40+ a gallon, or my truck that gets 17 on a good day. NO BRAINER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My question is, now that im trading my truck, does this mean that im not supposed to be on this forum anymore??:CRY:

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
i feel your pain man.... my truck has been parked for two weeks.. diesel here is almost $4.30 a gallon... i dont see anything wrong with you stickin around :thumbsup

·
Registered
192 Posts
I understand if you don"t tow.I do,I had to buy a omni. There is times i want to drive my cummins IT hurts!!!!!!! IT would be okay with me. We have a gooood forum. If you can take the pain when you visit the site an the memories and good felling. IT IS BETTER TO HAVE HAD CUMMINS THEN NOT AT ALL!!!!!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hate to hear you have to trade the Cummins. Oh well, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Nothin wrong with staying on the forum.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad to hear it. I love this forum!!
Please let me hear from everybody if your in the same boat.

·
Registered
66 Posts
At lest you are gitting a good car out of the deal.I am in the market for a VW jetta or a passot with the diesel them things get 48-51 mpg,the gas ons only get 32-35mpg even at $4gl it is still cheep to drive

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I cant part with it. Ive worked to long, to hard, and have way to much money in my truck to get rid of it, so my truck is here to stay!!!

·
Registered
793 Posts
thank god ya scared us all there for a minute.

·
Shiftin Fool
1,185 Posts
Well, I cant part with it. Ive worked to long, to hard, and have way to much money in my truck to get rid of it, so my truck is here to stay!!!
good choice, i could see you regretting getting rid of it really fast!!!

i can say that if i did have another car to drive that i would drive it instead of the truck. but until that day comes mine will stay my daily driver. even at 4.29 a gallon.:CRY:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great choice! Is there anything better then a towing Cummins?

There are fellow Cummins-users in Sweden that loves their trucks, even if the diesel now is at $10.48 per gallon. Feel for 'em, but that really means that some really love their trucks!

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
have you thought about making your own biodiesel? I have always thought about it and once I saw diesel prices going through the roof I pulled the trigger and made my appleseed processor. Even with Methanol at 4.60 a gallon it still own costs a little less than 1.60 a gallon.

Hey I know you will loose some of that cummins power but at least your truck will see the highway!!!!

B

·
0 Posts
good choice man glad to see ya stick it out with the rest of us i am going to morgan buildings and spas this afternoon to get second job for extra money like i said in another thread i will push it before i sell it

·
Fill Diesel Only
1,033 Posts
I see it would be a hard decision. driving a car instead of a truck is a hard sell. I bet it helped a bit when the dealer wanted you to give them your truck and your right arm to trade to that car. The dealers around here have insulted me many times with trades. So they have never got them.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have considered trading my 07 in for a new challenger but its hard to part with my truck, diesel is 4.50 were im at, it cost me $98 dollars for a half tank..... it hurts..

·
Registered
529 Posts
Thats good to hear your keeping the truck. Diesel is expensive but IMO, well worth it.

·
Banned
393 Posts
You no longer bring shame upon your family...good choice.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts