Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

3701 - 3718 of 3718 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
In my opinion, their radio and everything else included seems reasonable (~$300-400 markup). Although I do not know why they include such a markup for the bezel. The LKQ link I sent above is the bezel that I am speaking of. I have circled the part that comes from that part number(black part & buttons). Their photo of it is not accurate in almost any posting, they use a stock photo for some reason. Also note, IF you want dual climate controls functioning, you will need to do a lot of extra work. Including removing the entire dash assembly, as you have to work on the airbox underneath the dash. This involves draining the AC lines, and then complete removal of the dash and airbox. Plus, extra parts. I opted to do this in the future, as I will eventually have time. (in theory)!

View attachment 908340
right on! That’s the exact bezel I am wanting as well! As for the dual climate, that would be nice as my wife gets cold real easy, but frankly I don’t have a ton of time to get that in depth. Someday maybe..

·
Registered
170 Posts
right on! That’s the exact bezel I am wanting as well! As for the dual climate, that would be nice as my wife gets cold real easy, but frankly I don’t have a ton of time to get that in depth. Someday maybe..
I went with the someday maybe thing as well, right now it is configured so where if you press temp up/down on either side, it acts like they are both "synced" together. Otherwise, you just have temp down on one side, and temp up on the other if you chose the "single zone ATC bezel"

Here is a link showing the process of that install. (Note, the radio install is not a light task in and of itself!) There's a lot of wire fishing and sensor adding.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I went with the someday maybe thing as well, right now it is configured so where if you press temp up/down on either side, it acts like they are both "synced" together. Otherwise, you just have temp down on one side, and temp up on the other if you chose the "single zone ATC bezel"

Here is a link showing the process of that install. (Note, the radio install is not a light task in and of itself!) There's a lot of wire fishing and sensor adding.
perfect thanks! I’ll do some digging into that and watch that tutorial!
Did you source your EVIC off eBay as well? I’ve seen several on there in the 800$ range. Oye!

·
Registered
170 Posts
perfect thanks! I’ll do some digging into that and watch that tutorial!
Did you source your EVIC off eBay as well? I’ve seen several on there in the 800$ range. Oye!
I did purchase mine off Ebay. I believe it was in the $830 range. Plus S&H.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I did purchase mine off Ebay. I believe it was in the $830 range. Plus S&H.
10-4. I never understood why even the basic clusters don’t show engine oil temp. It’s literally the heartbeat of an engine. In my line of work, engine instrumentation is my life line! T’s & P’s baby!

·
Registered
170 Posts
10-4. I never understood why even the basic clusters don’t show engine oil temp. It’s literally the heartbeat of an engine. In my line of work, engine instrumentation is my life line! T’s & P’s baby!
To my understanding, the Ram trucks these days (even previous models in the late 2000s) don't show the actual oil pressures. It's all the computer "guessing". I believe that the temperature is still using a sensor though. The ram won't tell you your oil pressure is down until you have ~5PSI. That's my guess as to why they don't show it. Most people don't use these trucks for work anymore, so I guess they assume you shouldn't care about the numbers. So they hide it, to replace with new spiffy technology!

Reactions: Loki223 and MrJibbs

·
Registered
254 Posts
To my understanding, the Ram trucks these days (even previous models in the late 2000s) don't show the actual oil pressures. It's all the computer "guessing". I believe that the temperature is still using a sensor though. The ram won't tell you your oil pressure is down until you have ~5PSI. That's my guess as to why they don't show it. Most people don't use these trucks for work anymore, so I guess they assume you shouldn't care about the numbers. So they hide it, to replace with new spiffy technology!
yeah for sure! I on the other hand always want to know even if I’m just cruising to the store for the wife. We just got a 27’ TT too so even moreso now!

·
Registered
170 Posts
yeah for sure! I on the other hand always want to know even if I’m just cruising to the store for the wife. We just got a 27’ TT too so even moreso now!
I have to agree as well. You can always get the EDGE CTS2 or 3. That display will show you monitors of just about anything you want.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have to agree as well. You can always get the EDGE CTS2 or 3. That display will show you monitors of just about anything you want.
yep that’ll come when the warranty expires and I delete and tune! Gettin ancy for that too! One more year to go.

·
Registered
170 Posts
yep that’ll come when the warranty expires and I delete and tune! Gettin ancy for that too! One more year to go.
Can't say I haven't been looking either. Rev matching gets real tiring when you "blip" the throttle and the engine doesn't even respond. Got to love when you press the go pedal and the engine says no.. Makes the manual not so fun at times.

Reactions: MrJibbs

·
Registered
170 Posts
Well , today I did my mirror light.
Nice! I'm a big fan of having the mirror lights running. Has been done on my truck for over a year now, still going strong. I like the color of your truck!

Reactions: bootsy1968

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
How is the mirror lights done to be run/turn...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Go to this page and you will have all the info you need to do this . It is plug and play. This will take you less than a hour to do.

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
6,331 Posts
I always kinda laugh when i poke my head into a thread only to see a link to a thread i started. Although being honest @Jimmy07 really deserves the thanks for figuring out all the details of how to do it the easy way. I just got to be the first public test dummy. So simple a caveman could do it. Mine are still working fine with no issues since original install

·
Registered
12 Posts
I tried a search, did not find a thread directing me towards my specific inquiry.

If you have a tradesman, what modifications have you done to "upgrade" your tradesman to get options upper models have. Im not talking about things like 4.56 gears, or deletes or such, but things like upgrading the 3.4 and to what, factory or aftermarket, or installing overhead....yadda yadda. How did you do it, parts from where? How much?
Wet Okole seat covers in black, XD snare 20” with 34 wild peaks, plasti dipped chrome bumpers and grill until they are LineX’d next week, black emblems, HID bulbs, light bar.

3701 - 3718 of 3718 Posts