Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

3681 - 3700 of 3718 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
1. Quickest and easiest is simply take a measuring tape, measure height of tire with the weight of the truck on it. Convert that to circumference mm. Done.
2. How is that size at full lock?
1) :doh: If only I knew math :nerd:

2) No issue at all.

·
Registered
98 Posts
digging thru old posts, hopefully it tags you in it @Jaywoo are you still liking this bypass? I am trying to find one and the kaode was out of stock

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Yeah. Works fine. I left it in. I guess if I ever need to take in into a dealer I’ll pull it back out.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Off topic humor taunting my brother (Ram vs Mustang)

My brother bought a Mustang and he is so happy across the pound. Having fun on forums over there. I thought, I would have fun here at his expense. :hehe:

:rof

·
Registered
1 Posts
armrest

I found that 3M 6 1/2 inch gel wrist rest pads make great armrest pads for my tradesman. Gorilla tape them.
Site would not allow me to post a link but they are 5.99 on amazon.

·
Registered
9 Posts

My 16 tradesman. Sidesteps, wheels & tires, fender flares, black housing head lights, color matched front and rear bumpers, led fogs with factory fog light switch, tint, and window vent visors.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,687
bro, beautiful truck. black out that grill!

·
Registered
240 Posts
View attachment 903638
My 16 tradesman. Sidesteps, wheels & tires, fender flares, black housing head lights, color matched front and rear bumpers, led fogs with factory fog light switch, tint, and window vent visors.
Brian, what brand are these sidesteps? They are what I have been looking for. I had Rampage on my 1500 and they don't make any for 2500/3500 trucks :mad:

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,689
they look like n-fab. i just gave a set away! i'm good for finding trucks like mine and leaving stuff in their bed. i found a base model like mine and put the factory chrome tube steps in some dudes truck with all the hardware and a note saying enjoy. i parked next to a cummins like mine and gave the guy a brand new cool air intake in the box. did a tonneau cover that way too, at the fuel pumps, amazon sent me two aluminum fuel caps and def caps. when i saw a truck like mine fueling up i gave the extra ones away.

anyhow, those steps look like n-fab. i favor the white
knuckle off-road sliders, i just purchased the steel for it and my buddy and i will be making some like white knuckle here shortly.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have a set on now that has already been replaced once under warranty and they have rusted out again in 1 winter. looking for something better. I like the N-Fab look, but might go to hoops.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Reviving this thread a bit, Installed a 8.4" nav into my truck. Dual climate control ready, once I decide to tear the dash out.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Reviving this thread a bit, Installed a 8.4" nav into my truck. Dual climate control ready, once I decide to tear the dash out.
View attachment 908336
Awesome! And how funny! I have been researching this all morning! Been driving company trucks and they're all Big Horn or Laramie and it has ruined my Tradesman for me haha! So Ive been looking at doing this swap.

Did you get the kit from Infotainment? I ave the super basic U3 Ra1 or whatever the lamest one is. I would like to have that same bezel and 7 speed fan and most importantly the apple car play! I also really want the nice 7" EVIC now too hahah.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Awesome! And how funny! I have been researching this all morning! Been driving company trucks and they're all Big Horn or Laramie and it has ruined my Tradesman for me haha! So Ive been looking at doing this swap.

Did you get the kit from Infotainment? I ave the super basic U3 Ra1 or whatever the lamest one is. I would like to have that same bezel and 7 speed fan and most importantly the apple car play! I also really want the nice 7" EVIC now too hahah.
I installed the 7" EVIC nearly a year ago. It has been great to me, even with the 5" radio my truck originally had. I didn't go through infotainment, I instead took @Jimmy07's advice and went through Ebay. He is an absolute wealth of knowledge on this and helped me a ton. There's a lot of stuff going on in the swap, so be prepared to go down the rabbit hole! The EVIC was a 15 minute install, vs the few hours I spent on the radio. Price wise, the radio was slightly more, although pretty close to the EVIC (at the time I purchased mine).

You will need:
Adapter Harness for new radio
AlfaOBD + Bluetooth OBD Reader
8.4" Radio + New bezel. (either dual or single zone climate controls)
Air temp sensor
New Sun sensor (middle of dash near windshield)
7-speed fan relay
Harness to adapt mirror camera to radio (if you have a mirror camera).

Probably slightly more that I'm missing.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I installed the 7" EVIC nearly a year ago. It has been great to me, even with the 5" radio my truck originally had. I didn't go through infotainment, I instead took @Jimmy07's advice and went through Ebay. He is an absolute wealth of knowledge on this and helped me a ton. There's a lot of stuff going on in the swap, so be prepared to go down the rabbit hole! The EVIC was a 15 minute install, vs the few hours I spent on the radio. Price wise, the radio was slightly more, although pretty close to the EVIC (at the time I purchased mine).

You will need:
Adapter Harness for new radio
AlfaOBD + Bluetooth OBD Reader
8.4" Radio + New bezel. (either dual or single zone climate controls)
Air temp sensor
New Sun sensor (middle of dash near windshield)
7-speed fan relay
Harness to adapt mirror camera to radio (if you have a mirror camera).

Probably slightly more that I'm missing.

View attachment 908337
Sweet! Is it cost effective to go that route vs the 2k from Info? I’m all for that if I can have an exact shopping list like you’ve provided! (And I do have the mirror camera). I’ve been wanting to do this since I bought my 16 but now after driving the Laramie non stop I can’t wait anymore haha! I need to find some Laramie seats too my goodness they’re nice!
I told my wife these Laramie’s are as if her 19 Mazda CX-5 GTR mated with the Tradesman!

·
Registered
170 Posts
The wire harness I got from Jimmy. (I didn't need a harness for the mirror camera, as mine didn't have one. I am not sure if Jimmy makes a harness for that).
Here is a list of the sensors needed:
Blower Motor Resistor
Sun Sensor (in dash by windshield)
Cabin Temperature Sensor (driver knee panel, just below the ignition)
HVAC Module (Fits on passenger dash panel, above lower glove box)
The radio for the 2018+ trucks is slightly different, Jimmy and I found that out for ourselves. The radio for the 13-17 trucks did not fit my 18', although they should (maybe Jimmy could confirm) be backward compatible. The part number for mine is: 68331631AH
I purchased the bezel from lkqonline. Here is a link that comes up with similar ones.

Note, I purchased all of this with the help of Jimmy, I would recommend you do the same. Just to confirm part numbers are correct etc for the links I sent.

I believe after adding everything up minus the actually installation time, I am sitting somewhere around $1300-1400

·
Registered
254 Posts
The wire harness I got from Jimmy. (I didn't need a harness for the mirror camera, as mine didn't have one. I am not sure if Jimmy makes a harness for that).
Here is a list of the sensors needed:
Blower Motor Resistor
Sun Sensor (in dash by windshield)
Cabin Temperature Sensor (driver knee panel, just below the ignition)
HVAC Module (Fits on passenger dash panel, above lower glove box)
The radio for the 2018+ trucks is slightly different, Jimmy and I found that out for ourselves. The radio for the 13-17 trucks did not fit my 18', although they should (maybe Jimmy could confirm) be backward compatible. The part number for mine is: 68331631AH
I purchased the bezel from lkqonline. Here is a link that comes up with similar ones.

Note, I purchased all of this with the help of Jimmy, I would recommend you do the same. Just to confirm part numbers are correct etc for the links I sent.

I believe after adding everything up minus the actually installation time, I am sitting somewhere around $1300-1400
Excellent thank you! You were able to source everything for less than the Info kit eh?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Excellent thank you! You were able to source everything for less than the Info kit eh?
Yes. Infotainment seems to mark the price up a lot when you include the bezel. I do not know what their package "includes", although I would assume it has everything to get you installed and running. An option would be to purchase from them, then buy the bezel separately. (pay 75 for a bezel instead of their $500 markup). The market always changes, so it depends how hard you are looking and what prices you want.

Note that Infotainment is certainly the best route to go if you just want a one stop package. Although you do pay extra for the convenience.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yes. Infotainment seems to mark the price up a lot when you include the bezel. I do not know what their package "includes", although I would assume it has everything to get you installed and running. An option would be to purchase from them, then buy the bezel separately. (pay 75 for a bezel instead of their $500 markup). The market always changes, so it depends how hard you are looking and what prices you want.

Note that Infotainment is certainly the best route to go if you just want a one stop package. Although you do pay extra for the convenience.
Interesting! Their kit is everything to make it fully plug-n-play. That’s an insane markup though! I didn’t realize you could get them that cheap elsewhere! I will definitely search around for them then!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Interesting! Their kit is everything to make it fully plug-n-play. That’s an insane markup though! I didn’t realize you could get them that cheap elsewhere! I will definitely search around for them then!
In my opinion, their radio and everything else included seems reasonable (~$300-400 markup). Although I do not know why they include such a markup for the bezel. The LKQ link I sent above is the bezel that I am speaking of. I have circled the part that comes from that part number(black part & buttons). Their photo of it is not accurate in almost any posting, they use a stock photo for some reason. Also note, IF you want dual climate controls functioning, you will need to do a lot of extra work. Including removing the entire dash assembly, as you have to work on the airbox underneath the dash. This involves draining the AC lines, and then complete removal of the dash and airbox. Plus, extra parts. I opted to do this in the future, as I will eventually have time. (in theory)!

3681 - 3700 of 3718 Posts