Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

3661 - 3680 of 3718 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
what's the height yall adjust your headlights too? this is all stock except for bulb swap to amazon led for now. sitting on a slight incline 5ft from garage door

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
what's the height yall adjust your headlights too? this is all stock except for bulb swap to amazon led for now. sitting on a slight incline 5ft from garage door

Measure the actual height at your truck from the ground to the center of the low beam bulb. For reflector headlamps, the top of the hotspot should drop 2” for every 25’ of distance. For projectors, it’s 2” drop for every 25’ from the higher stepped cutoff line. My truck as an example- the height from the ground to the center of my projector is 42”. At 25’ away from the wall, the upper cutoff line is 40” from the ground (level ground). At 12.5’ away, it’s 41” from the ground, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts

Park about 25-30 feet behind another vehicle and adjust them so they aim just under the side mirrors of the other vehicle. Then park in front of your garage again and make sure they're even.

Or do Jimmy's more calculated method.

·
Registered
4 Posts
so what are some of the things out are wanting to do to it?!

Some things I have done already is added a brake controller, replaced license plate bulbs and reverse bulbs with LED bulbs. Added LEDs to the interior. Switched H9 to H11 headlights. Added a lower grill LED bar (a cheepy from FB marketplace) also added a stealth module because I like the confidence of a warranty. Modified the back seat to fold down.

Things I want to add, footwell lighting, timbren bump stops, paint tow mirrors, add a tip. Thinking about dipping my wheels, bumpers and grill black to see if I like it. There is and will be more but brain is fried at the moment.

Decided to put the brake controller there because I kept hitting my knee in the traditional spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
has anyone added fog lights to the non fog light chrome grill? I dont want to get a new grill but want clean fogs

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
has anyone added fog lights to the non fog light chrome grill? I dont want to get a new grill but want clean fogs

Grill or bumper? I have added the factory fog headlight switch and programming to a set of of these

Swatow Industries 2PCS 3 Inch SAE...

Mounted where the tow hooks would be. I did just pick up a used bumper with fog light cutouts. Just waiting for spring to paint it and install it

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

·
Registered
57 Posts
Grill or bumper? I have added the factory fog headlight switch and programming to a set of of these

Swatow Industries 2PCS 3 Inch SAE... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DD8PRVL?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Mounted where the tow hooks would be. I did just pick up a used bumper with fog light cutouts. Just waiting for spring to paint it and install it

do they have fogs built into the grills? I was referring to bumpers though

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
do they have fogs built into the grills? I was referring to bumpers though

No. You can find some aftermarket drl lighting. Here is my truck. The lights in the valance was what I had previously been using. They basically filled in between the bumper to where the headlights first hit the ground and a little side lighting. I'll grab some output shots this weekend of the pod lights

Reactions: Durk and stx.dead.I

·
Registered
57 Posts
No. You can find some aftermarket drl lighting. Here is my truck. The lights in the valance was what I had previously been using. They basically filled in between the bumper to where the headlights first hit the ground and a little side lighting. I'll grab some output shots this weekend of the pod lights

that's a clean enough look I could live with. wonder how much they'd show on a dark blue truck

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
that's a clean enough look I could live with. wonder how much they'd show on a dark blue truck

You could always paint them. The disassemble easy.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts

Swatow Industries 2PCS 3 Inch SAE... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DD8PRVL?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Those Swatow lights work well. I bought the mounting brackets for them and they do a great job. Pricing was right for them also.

·
Registered
13,387 Posts
Park about 25-30 feet behind another vehicle and adjust them so they aim just under the side mirrors of the other vehicle. Then park in front of your garage again and make sure they're even.
Umm, that aiming would differ quite a bit depending on if you're behind my Peterbilt or the Challenger. I would strongly suggest doing it the tried and true way instead.

By the way, I generally readjust my lights depending on the load on the trailer. I want the most usable light possible, but not to blind anyone.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Umm, that aiming would differ quite a bit depending on if your behind my Peterbilt or the Challenger. I would strongly suggest doing it the tried and true way instead.

By the way, I generally readjust my lights depending on the load on the trailer. I want the most usable light possible, but not to blind anyone.
what's the tried and true

·
Registered
57 Posts
Umm, that aiming would differ quite a bit depending on if your behind my Peterbilt or the Challenger. I would strongly suggest doing it the tried and true way instead.

what's the tried and true way?

·
Registered
13,387 Posts
Post number 3662 is one example, and a good starting point.
I like using the reflectors along the road, with the trailer loaded, as a guide. Another good way is using a trailer (as in tractor trailer) and judging by the conspicuity tape on the "Mansfield bar" which should reflect the light quite well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Post number 3662 is one example, and a good starting point.
I like using the reflectors along the road, with the trailer loaded, as a guide. Another good way is using a trailer (as in tractor trailer) and judging by the conspicuity tape on the "Mansfield bar" which should reflect the light quite well.
dang, I'm at 34## post haha

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts

Guess it’s true...common sense isn’t so common.

·
Registered
146 Posts
New Tires and New Drag Link install (from the recall)

Well, today was a big day.
The RAM got new tires, Coopertire Discoverer AT3 XLT 285/75R18. They replace the OEM Firestone AT 275/70R18. They did give me 50,300 miles and they were down to 3/32 all around. I might be the only one here, but I have no complaints about them, overall they have been good to me.

After having the new tires mounted, I went to the dealer for an alignment and asked them while I was there if they could lookup the recall about the drag link and maybe, just maybe, would it be possible to get the new parts put on and not have the welded nuts anymore.

They said they would ask FCA and see what they can do. They told me FCA would pay for the labor and new parts and I would have to pay for the alignment. I was there for an alignment anyways, so this turned out perfect. I get the new replacement parts #68338342AB. New design.

The new tires look great and they ride nicely. I will have to recalibrate the circumference to get the right speed and miles. I am 2 mph faster (speedo vs satellite). I will be using 2770 mm as a circumference versus 2640 to start and see what happen.

I will have to adjust also the TPMS so the light does not come on, because right now I have them set at 70 psi for the front and 65 psi for the rear (unloaded). I am sure I will have to play with the pressure in them until I get it right.

The truck is now a little taller (+3/4")

Now pictures. :grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,778 Posts
1. Quickest and easiest is simply take a measuring tape, measure height of tire with the weight of the truck on it. Convert that to circumference mm. Done.
2. How is that size at full lock?

3661 - 3680 of 3718 Posts