Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I traded the Cummins off today. We recently bought a bigger house and we are expecting our first little one in December. We sold our camper cause we figured we would not be using it much with the arrival of little ones. I am driving an F150 Ecoboost. So far I really like it. I have read mixed reviews on the first model year but it seems they have all the kinks worked out, hopefully. I am sure I will miss my Cummins and I really enjoyed this forum and all the knowledge that I gained from it. I did keep my ladder bars from GDP and I plan on selling them. If anyone is interested, PM me and I will tell ya the details. I will list them on the For Sale section also in the next few days. I will try and update from time to time how the Ecoboost is doing, if anyone cares that is!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Congrats man. I hear great things about the ecoboost trucks. Ive been contiplating doing the same at some point down the road.

·
Registered
2006 F250 SD,4x4
4,405 Posts
Heard nothing but good things about them. Guy at work bought one not to long along he said as long as you don't let the turbo spool much mpg is pretty decent

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sent you a PM 08 Black Cummins. Like I said, so far I am impressed with it. I need to get 3 tons of gravel soon so I will see how it pulls.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Did you let the mini go with the truck? If not I would be interested.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I did. I did not feel like re-installing the EGR and DPF so I left it all on.

·
Learning Process
1,697 Posts
Congratulations on the little one and new house; you will like the truck Granddad has one and I drive it all the time; runs real good. I hope he or she is perfect in every way! PS you will be back one of these days Cummins is in the blood.:thumbsup:

·
Glad to Be Here
669 Posts
Good Luck! Little ones sure do change your outlook on life (and your wallet). Better get some sleep now (start that sleep plan; you'll feel like your going through basic again)! LOL

·
Registered
426 Posts
Dang man, that's 2 campers and 3 trucks in 4 years? Well, you followed me over from the Tundra forums to here...don't wait for me to follow you to Ford. :hehe:

Hope the Ecoboost does you right - and stays around for a while! Congratulations on your first kiddo - come back and let us know when he or she is born, so we can congratulate the new proud papa!

·
Registered
211 Posts
congrats man. i also have an ecoboost. i love it. its the best "1/2 ton" out there in my opinion. i do miss my cummins, but this truck gets the job done for me and my new little one too :)

here is what i pull with mine

after about 5k miles my mpgs went up almost by 2

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone! They didn't care about the deletes at all, which surprised me. I would have put everything back on if they wanted me too but they didn't care. 10 years ago you would have never convinced me that I would be in a Ford. I feel they have surpassed the competition in the 1/2 ton segment. I also like the fact that it was built in Dearborne, MI instead of Mexico like the Chevy and Dodge 1/2 ton. I know, my Cummins was built in Mexico but the "Cummins" made it worth it. I am sure I will still lurk around this forum though. I have learned alot on here!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here she is.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Congrats!!! You'll love the F-150. I'm looking at them as well for a personal vehicle since our Dodge is used for our trucking business. There's no need to drive a one ton dually around town to the store & other places.

Reactions: cpobst

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thanks everyone! They didn't care about the deletes at all, which surprised me. I would have put everything back on if they wanted me too but they didn't care. 10 years ago you would have never convinced me that I would be in a Ford. I feel they have surpassed the competition in the 1/2 ton segment. I also like the fact that it was built in Dearborne, MI instead of Mexico like the Chevy and Dodge 1/2 ton. I know, my Cummins was built in Mexico but the "Cummins" made it worth it. I am sure I will still lurk around this forum though. I have learned alot on here!
I spend more time on cummins forum than I do on f150forum, some of those guys on that forum are just there to cause trouble. Maybe I'll see u over there from time to time

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dang man, that's 2 campers and 3 trucks in 4 years? Well, you followed me over from the Tundra forums to here...don't wait for me to follow you to Ford. :hehe:

Hope the Ecoboost does you right - and stays around for a while! Congratulations on your first kiddo - come back and let us know when he or she is born, so we can congratulate the new proud papa!
I know I know, trust me the wife already made it clear this truck was sticking around till it's paid off. It is weird how expecting a child can change your thinking. I went from "how many toys can I afford" to "Damn I want my kid to have as many toys and I wanted when I was a kid".

Reactions: scubieman
1 - 20 of 33 Posts