Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Ummm...hard to say without knowing where you live, what's currently on your truck, etc.

Do you have diesel smog inspections in your state/county?

·
Registered
922 Posts
I highly encourage you to put it back to stock considering you would be held liable, i.e. epa/federal/state/local law violations.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just traded mine in for 09 Silverado 1500 :banghead: I left all the deletes on and gauges still in the truck. I just unistalled the XRT (for sale) and put it back as close to stock as i could get it that way. I live in Wisconsin and wasnt given any grief over trading with the deletes still on the truck. I traded even up for the Silverado (tag was $29,500).

Someday I will have another Cummins, mark my words!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Sell it privately. You'll get way more money for it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sell it privately. You'll get way more money for it.
Sometimes this is true, but it usually takes longer to sell that way. If you can wait on the new vehicle, definitely go the private sale route. If you cant wait for the new vehicle, you may end up taking a bath on trade-in.

·
Registered
566 Posts
My experiance is you ALWAYS take a bath with dealers! I guess that's why I always buy used from either private sellers or my Dad (small scale used car dealer). Just my opinion.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I just traded mine in for 09 Silverado 1500 :banghead: I left all the deletes on and gauges still in the truck. I just unistalled the XRT (for sale) and put it back as close to stock as i could get it that way. I live in Wisconsin and wasnt given any grief over trading with the deletes still on the truck. I traded even up for the Silverado (tag was $29,500).

Someday I will have another Cummins, mark my words!
Are you nuts? :shock:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Traded in mine for a new tundra last year and didnt have a problem.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
thanks guys. im trying to sell locally. im just not sure where to put it for sale. any suggestions?
Classifieds section here on the forums and on craigslist would be a good, free place to start. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
566 Posts
I'm a fan of autotrader.com. I've sold a van on there and bought my last two trucks from the site. I too would recommend the Classifieds and Craigslist.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts