Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Goat on the Grille
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you trade this truck (currrent truck in sig)

For this truck?
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 - Used Truck Shelbyville TN | Shelbyville Auto Sales

I realize its 2yrs newer but has about 10k more miles. Truck looks very clean and is a 1 owner with no accidents. Its bone stock with no ball in the bed so it doesn't appear to have been used for heavy pulling. I just have an itch for a DRW.

:confused013:

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
Personally I'd keep your 5.9. Simply for the fact of already have the mods you do. Your gonna kill your fuel mileage till you can delete the 6.7, plus the added cost of 2 more tires. But if your like me, you'll end up with what YOU want lol.

·
Goat on the Grille
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm kinda on the fence of what to do, I don't DD my truck anymore. I may drive it 3days/month if that. I just really like how the 6.7s tow and the EB. I looked up the delete on the cheap topic on here and it looks like I can delete a 6.7 for around $300 not including a tuner. Another thing to consider is I didn't pay for any of these mods, the previous owner did them all. The only thing I've added to this truck is the tool box. It had everything else, granted all the mods including the DD clutch was about $3k.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Nope.

I love my 6.7 but if I had a 3rd gen 5.9 with a manual trans and built the way you have it built, i'd never let it go.

If it's an exhaust brake you are after, I bet you can add one to your current truck for about the cost of doing deletes. Even deletes on the cheap add up quick.

Reactions: Sam Hain

·
Registered
930 Posts
I had the same truck you have in a 2004.5, same color too! I traded it for my current truck which is deleted with EFI. Just me, but I would not go back to the 5.9. I drove my current truck (also red) with the stock exhaust for 50K before I deleted and I couldn't be more satisfied. I never had any issues before I deleted,since it has never been a DD and still isn't. It's true the MPG's sucked, but now I get 16-19 (good enough for me) driving 75+ most of the time and it will live longer without the added crap it had. You will probably need to spend a little more than $300 to do the deletes right, but I say go for the 6.7!

·
Registered
930 Posts
I did sims originally but I hated the CEL and I was runnig a BULLYDOG at the time which did not disable anything. Then EFI LIVE....with the PUSHER. etc. Yeah, I know, picky, picky, picky...

·
Goat on the Grille
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have an autocal right now, I think I can turn my truck back to stock and keep the autocal. I should be able to just pay for a single tune and save the money from buying another boxed tuner.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I think you are right on....

·
Goat on the Grille
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds like your mind is made up?
Not quite, I'm looking at roughly $350 to delete plus say $100 for an efi tune to delete/turn off egr/dpf. Then add on another $400 for gooseneck hitch and the difference dealer will want between my truck and theres. I'm probably looking at least $1000 to delete and do the gooseneck assuming I install it myself. Then I'm guessing they will want my truck and probably 5000 to trade. I don't see it being worth all that money to trade for a truck with 10k more miles than mine has on it. The only way this would be worth it is if I found a 6.7 already tuned and deleted that had a hitch already installed. To do that I would have to find one from an individual not a dealer as they won't take deleted trucks. At least new car dealers won't.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
You'd probably better off trying to sell your truck private party too. it's more work, but worth it. I sold my 02 for hell of a lot more than any regular old dealer would have given me for it.

·
Goat on the Grille
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The only thing about selling my truck to buy another is TN sales tax is 9.25%. If I trade I only pax on the difference, if I buy outright I pay on the full amount. So lets say I buy a truck for 26k, I'll have to pay $2406 just in tax. It all depends on what dealer will give me trade in. 5.9 6spds are like gold if they've been cared for and mine has.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.