Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys i have a 6" lift and want to throw on some traction bars. Does anybody have any suggestions on what brand or what setup is the best. And also what length bars should i get. Thanks!! :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
do you mean traction bars? The front end has a "track bar" that keeps the front end centered.

For tractions bars, glacier Diesel power makes a good set. I have the superlift ones, and would recommend the GDP bars instead. The superlift ones didnt' seem to make that much difference on my rig. I know john barber (jbarker) on here has some traction bars he sells too. I definitely recommend talking to him. He is always ready and willing to help. He, along with Jason at Dieselnut.com, are my go to guys.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bad i mean the traction bars... Oops

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fixed...Those GDP bars look like a very good setup! Any other suggestions. Ill find john and ask him to quote me a price. Thanks

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
If you're handy with a welder, search "ladder bars" on here. We've had many dicussions about making your own. I've made some and were very good. Basicaly identical to the one in the link above. Build them yourself for less than $100.

·
Never Enough TQ
864 Posts
ive got the GDP set and they are wicked. Virtually eliminated the wheel hop and helped out alot with hookin up! Also, they look awesome.. im always gettin asked "what are those neat lookin bars for?"
I definitely cant complain! :thumbsup :thumbsup

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What length do you guys think will be needed?

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
No offense man, just read that thread. But about 5 of so feet usually is good. Find a buddy that can weld and make your own. Save the cash for more mods!!!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im not so hot with a welder. So unfortunatly that thread doesnt help.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Find a friend! But whatever man, spend that hard earned cash!! I'm just trying to help!!! I'd do it for you if you were close.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Id love to 800 is alot of money, Ill ask some guys around here and see if i have any luck. there must be somebody. BTW im lovin the avatar. Exspecially out here on the west coast thats a phrase we use often!! haha

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
HAHA! Thanks. You gotta know somebody that welds? Just ask around. Find somebody at a fab shop and bribe him with cash for a after hours job. It'll only take him about 10 min. to weld the ends up. It's really simple. There's alot of info in that thread. Just read up!!

·
Registered
398 Posts
check out Farmboy Fabrications 2007 . Jesse Todd (the owner/operator) made his first dodge set for me a couple years back. All very high quality tubing and hemi joints. Weld to the frame and axle tubes. Under $500 for em shipped to my door and painted my color choice. Had no problems with em. Definitely helped my ram go straight.
Joe E.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts