Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a set of traction bars on my truck. where can I buy a nice bolt on or somewhat bolt on set, or would i be better off to have a set made?:$:

·
Registered
689 Posts
i am in the process of getting mine finished right now. Its been an on going process actually. But anyway they are expensive to buy in my opinion. Also, you might get a set that are good looking but not functional. If you can have someone build you a set of functional bars i would do that...prolly save a good bit of money too

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a buddy quote me like 200 bucks Plus powdercoat to make a set

·
Registered
689 Posts
thats not bad at all. They guy that helped me make mine charges $700 for people when he makes them. Now all i had to do was get the stuff to make it and he helped lay it all out and do some of the welding. Unfortunately i had to remake all of the brackets because they were not correct when i tried to bolt them up to the frame, but i am very close to being done. I hope

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Throw up some pics when you get them done. I'd like to see them

·
Registered
689 Posts
sure will! hopefully it will be this weekend. But not for sure. I was going to weld up some new brackets, and would have to drill holes a certain way, whihc would be a and couldn't figure out how to lay it out to make it work. But nieghbors brother in law came over and figured it out right away. So, he said he would make them. He does it for a living and has all the equipment. So, i said alright easier for you than it would be with me.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sure will! hopefully it will be this weekend. But not for sure. I was going to weld up some new brackets, and would have to drill holes a certain way, whihc would be a and couldn't figure out how to lay it out to make it work. But nieghbors brother in law came over and figured it out right away. So, he said he would make them. He does it for a living and has all the equipment. So, i said alright easier for you than it would be with me.
I'll just have a set made, sounds like too much work for me.

·
Registered
689 Posts
ya it honestly is a lot of work. I am contemplating making a set for a friend...i think i could do it, it would just take a lot of time, and patients, o ya and measuring. But i think i could maybe maybe maybe pull off a set.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts