Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My steering is very sloppy so i was told it was my track bar that was loose. I have been told that Lukes Link makes a track bar end that will solve the problem, how good does it work?

Alalso i remember hearing the word Moog, is it good and who has one?

·
Registered
689 Posts
i ahev gone through 3 moogs!! I have heard a lot of good things about lukes links. A project engineer on one of my jobs had his entire front end done with them and said it was amazing

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a Luke's Link on my truck about 3000 miles and like it, cheaper than some of the other remedies. Easy install, took my slow butt twice as long as they said, but nothing hard about it.

Don

·
Registered
435 Posts
Lukes Link is the only way to go, Noone makes a GOOD track bar. They are all garbage. The Lukes Link is adjustable if it ever starts to wear out.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Luke Linked my entire front end and save a few bucks on replacing the track bar and all the tie rod ends. Haven't heard anything bad about them. Just follow the instruction on installation and make sure you grind everything down like they say for clearance. Otherwise you'll crack them in two.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
The lukes Link is a temporary band aid solution at best. I had one on for 4 months, then it failed the joint just fell apart. For $60 it is a good fix if you are on a budget and need it fixed quick for a temporary period of time. I then went with Solid Steel's 3rd Gen track bar conversion kit along with their polyurethane track bar. I do believe it is the ultimate fix, there is no joint to fail. I you have the money I would recommend doing it right the first time.

·
MI Chapter President
5,687 Posts
I have no experience with Lukes Link but it seems like the best fix would be the 3rd gen trac bar upgrade from Solid Steel..

just my .02:thumbsup
Ian

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
DTProfab makes a good trck bar that is adjustable.
It is IMHO not the best upgrade, you still have a ball and socket to wear out.

G

·
0 Posts
It is IMHO not the best upgrade, you still have a ball and socket to wear out.
There is no ball and socket as found on the stock track bar.

DTProfab uses a heim joint on the frame end, and a stiffer bushing on the axle end. In addition, the bracket for the DTPF bar lowers the pivot point, effectively changing the arc of travel to a more vertical motion. Further, since its adjustable, it can be used to compensate over time for sagging springs, OR for a larger load on the front end, such as a custom bumper, or plow.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The solid steel unit is great as it has Dog Bone bushings at each end and uses a stock 3G bar or aftermarket adjustible one for lifted rigs. I have the kit now but have to make a few mods as the mounting plate interferes with my plow frame. Once I have a new mount designed I'll throw it on and be done with the Achille's heal of my front end. The Rock Hard Ram Stearing upgrade is also worth every penny. Gets rid of the spring that D/C put around the shaft and gives you a Delron bushing. Best $60 I ever spent. With a good track bar my truck acts like a sports car!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts