Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

track bar question

775 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  dodgediesel59
hey guys here is another question you can help me with...On one of my 01 duallies the truck pulls to the right ( passenger side) going down the road. Could this be the track bar? How do I check it, and are they easy to rebuild?

Thanks for the help!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· I DONT BELIEVE IT!
1,934 Posts
I dont think it would be the track bar , Sounds more of a alignment problem . Could also be a bar tie rod or ball joint on that side of the truck :thumbsup:

· Premium Member
645 Posts
:agree2::agree2::agree2::agree2:

· Horse Power JUNKIE
1,656 Posts
Or you have a sticky caliper on the pass side, pull the front wheels and see if the pads are smaller on the pass side. There really isn't a way to rebuild the track bars, you can do a Lukes link for about $75 or so, a stock replacement is about $245-285, or an after market one is about $290-350.

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys!!!

I'll jack it up today.. What about maybe the wheel bearings? Could that also be the problem?

· Registered
1,327 Posts
Thanks for the info guys!!!

I'll jack it up today.. What about maybe the wheel bearings? Could that also be the problem?
Wheel bearings usually give a pretty nasty grind when they're going bad. Plus they're pricey for these trucks. I'd put money on it being one of the things already mentioned.

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanxs guys!!

· Registered
453 Posts
If the tires are fairly new, you can also get whats called a radial pull. It develops from the tire being built a bit out of center and will cause a vehicle to pull one way or another. A way to determine that is to rotate steer tires, if it pulls the other way, its the tire. Not sure how much it happens on passenger tires, but it is a common occurrence on the heavy trucks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.