Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a Thuren track bar on my 16 3500 for a couple years. Recently my front end developed a squeak when turning or going over large bumps at low speeds. I narrowed it down to the driver's side track bar connection. The bolt was moving a bit and the squeak was the bolt head rubbing on the mount.

I greased the joint, and torqued the bolt back to 215ft-lbs, and the squeak was gone. Now, however, I get a "pop" when i hit a bump when turning. It seems to me like the track bar is likely still moving.

Would this just be the bushing, or is it possible the mount on the truck has play in it now? The bushing is cheap enough, so I might just go that route first. Otherwise the only way I can see to repair the hole in the mount is to weld in some steel with the proper diameter hole.

Any insight is appreciated, thanks!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Chris from Thuren recommended an extra 10-15ft/lbs on the track bar mount. So I pulled the bolt and made sure the holes looked good, then cleaned it, lubed it, and torqued it to 230ft/lbs. Problem seems to be gone thus far.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts