Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where should I buy a track bar and shocks for my 00 2500,it is stock. I'm thinking of putting bilsteins on it so what is the best place to buy. Thanks Larry

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
will that track bar make alot of noise and viberation in the truck and does it need the 03 mount
Trac bar should not make noise and vibrate. Then you have problems. Don's Trac Bar will tighten the feel of your steering, especially taking turns.

No bracket needed. Just adjust your trac bar to the length of your stocker (since you have your stock suspension on). If you decide you want to put a leveling kit or suspension/lift on. You will be good to go w/ re-adjusting the bar for the hieght you put your frontend.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
come on now someone must know the best place to buy bilsteins. That track bar looks good, are there alot of you using them?

·
Registered
235 Posts
come on now someone must know the best place to buy bilsteins. That track bar looks good, are there alot of you using them?
If you're going to buy a trackbar and shocks, buy some new coils as well. Look at a KORE leveling kit. I had the 2" HD coils and Bilstein 5100's. The truck rode really nice. The newer kit comes with VR coils, and gives a little bit more lift. I would go with the VR's so that you'll be able to "upgrade" along the way. KORE also has a new trackbar coming out in about 6 months.

I would give Jeremy a call at DRC if you decide to go that way.:thumbsup

If you don't lift your truck, just google Bilstein, and get the yellow and blue shocks for a factory height truck. You can get the part # from their website, and hunt around for the best price.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I just noticed that you said '00.. Check out the KORE race shop. They are selling trackbars pretty cheap for the 2nd gen trucks. While it might not be the "Thuren" bar, it's still a great unit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts