Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, as most you know my motor is in a ford...

That said I am changing my TPS setup to the first gen one. The one that was in there before was ok, but I don't like it and the dodge one will work better for what I need.

Anyway I need to know if I have this right, look at the pictures and verify this for me?

the wiring on my truck has the same setup as that last pic.

5V ref = r/w wire
TCU input (TPS output)= y/bl
ground = b/w

dodge TPS has

violet/white
black/blue
orange/blue

Now according to the diagram for my old dodge in pic 2 and 3 the dodge wiring is this

5V ref = violet/white (right wire in top pic)
TPS output/TCU input = black/blue (left wire in top pic
ground = orange/blue (middle wire in top pic)

Is that right?

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The more I think about it the more I think the black/blue is the ground and the orange/blue is the reference voltage and the violet/white is the analog voltage/TPS output.

Sent using AutoGuide

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the pot fix threads on dtr it refers to the orange wire as the ref. Voltage but I think what is meant is that it is the signal/output voltage. The violet is the reference voltage aka the supply. Black is ground.

Set up in said configuration will have zero throttle around 1volt. And wot somewhere above 3.5 or so volts if configured/asjusted right on a first gen

If someone smarter than I or knows these trucks better than could verify this for me that would be awesome.

Sent using AutoGuide

·
Registered
144 Posts
Do yourself a large favor and just delete that thing if you can. When I bought my 1st gen that was honestly the first thing I did. If you search the forum you can find the write up...You need three wires (pref different colors) and a 10k potentiometer. Run the wires to the tps plug and attach them to the potentiometer. I cant remember which wire goes to what on the switch. But with this it will allow you to select where your OD engages just by turning the dial. Installing a Potentiometer in place of the TPS - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't do that. I HAVE to have a TPS. I know about the delete, have for years.

The motor is in my ford which has an electronically controlled 4R100 with a PCS TCU standalone controller. The shift points are determined by throttle input which is determined by the voltage from the TPS.

Also, for future reference for anyone looking to find this info in the future it is like this

Black/blue is ground
orange/blue is TPS output (typically less than 1V at idle and over 3V at WOT)
violet/white is +5V reference

1 - 5 of 5 Posts