Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got an 04.5 cummins with a quadzilla adrenaline programmer. Two weeks ago i got a sudden increase in idle, turned the truck off, started it up and I had a dead pedal. Called my mechanic, he came by and hooked up his diagnostic computer and it read throttle position sensor malfunction, he reset my TPS and it worked fine for two weeks then the same problem happened to me a couple days ago. I reset the tps again and it happened again the nxt day, the computer was reading tps malfunction again. I went ahead and bought a new tps $370 later, installed it and it worked for one day and the problem is back. Same as before, I get a high idle when i put it in park, turn it off, crank it again and the dead pedal was back! So i went ahead and reset the tps again and unhooked my programmer to see if it would solve my problem. It worked fine for one day and the problem is once again back to haunt me. I checked the wiring that hooks to the tps to see if i could find a short or a spliced wire and I didnt see anything. Since I messed w the wiring, my throttle is very delayed and sluggish in park, and when put it in gear its got a dead throttle. Any suggestions anyone what the real problem could be?

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
What are the actual code numbers?
Cycle key on off on off on and leave on. Codes will show in the odometer window.

You need to hook a scanner and watch the TPS values as you depress the pedal.
Some quadzilla's will display TPS% value. Does your's.

Now you have two apps's or tps's. Try to compare the two while watching the data and see what's different or the same. Where does it go haywire? same spot? I'd be at least a little surprised if the new one was bad out of the box.

Wait does it only act up when you put it in park then dead pedal every time? Does it idle 750 in gear and high in park?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.