Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if the factory TPMS system can be expanded to monitor trailer tires? Has anyone heard of this?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I don't think it is possible. In my research on this, for disabling the TPMS, I have learned that the sensors in the wheels emit a radio frequency that little receptors permanently attached to the truck, usually around the brakes, pick up. I don't think it is possible to reprogram the TPMS software. You would have to reprogram it and somehow hardwire these receptors to your trailer and hardwire them into the TPMS module. I just have one thing to say about the TPMS, (*&$% )(*#^&*%^q37589Q#&4 !!!!!!

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
I put E-rated 285s on my forged alloy rims and the TPMS works fine for me Bando..... ;)

I think there are systems that you can put on your trailer because the moving trailers we used to sell to household movers came with them. They even have a system that adds pressure to any tires that get low. Pretty cool but costly I'm sure. :$:
Your best TPMS is the trailer tow mirrors....:thumbsup

·
Registered
21 Posts
you would have to buy some kind of aftermarket add on as specified above. I'm more familiar with toyota systems but most work in a similar fashion. the program in tire pressure ecu will only allow 4-5 tire pressure sensors (depending on year). no substitute for the normal check up when traveling with a trailor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts