Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what needs to be done when replacing factory wheels with the TPMS sensors with aftermarket wheels? I have an 08 2500 CTD and looking to replace the wheels - do the original sensors swap over or do i need new ones?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Pocono-- Your new wheels should accomodate your existing TPMS sensors, and generally they swap straight over. Tire Rack will confirm this.

However, remember that '08 Dodge Truck TPMS sensors allow for a minimum of 60# of pressure for the front tires which usually necessitates "E"-load range tires. Most non-"E"-load range tires have maximum pressures less than the minimum required for the '08 TPMS system (not in all cases, but a lot). That's a bummer because it excludes a lot of cool tires.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
99% the time the sensors will just swap right over.
As for the Min. pressure on the sensor, i haven't found them to be that sensitive.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a 2008 and the sensors are ultra-sensitive! I dropped the fronts to 55# to soften the ride a bit. No dice. Immediate low-pressure indicator light. There's gotta be a way around the 60# minimun...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts