Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any luck adjusting the 2019 Ram 2500/3500 TPMS system ? The Ram 3500 DRW wants 80 psi in the front / 65 in the rear. Absolutely ridiculous for the front ride quality. Anyone ??

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Did they add TPMS to the 3500’s? 13-18 only had TPIS which didn’t have a low warning.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The two earlier posts are correct, the 3500 does not have TPMS, only TPIS. You will never get an alarm. 90psi is the shipping and storage pressure to help keep the tires from getting flat spots. Definitely check that before you leave the lot. My dealer did not adjust the tire pressures at all. I have all 4 on my 3500 SRW at 55psi cold for driving unloaded and a just accordingly for payload/towing.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
901 Posts
So that explains why mine also had 90PSI on delivery. So much for PDI...
Also RAM's website now offers a feature called Selectable TPMS Alert on the 2500's, which chirps the horn when you are adding air and the correct pressure is reached. Based on that I would guess the TPMS is adjustable.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
For what it's worth, my truck was delivered with 90 pounds of air in each tire too.

I agree, nice PDI.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Oh geez, I thought TPIS was TPMS. Stupid question, so how does that actually work?

Tire Pressure Information System (TPIS) allows you to check the pressures in the tires, but there is no alert when tires get too low.

Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) allows you to check the pressures in the tires, but it will alert you if the pressures are not within a certain threshold. Can be very annoying because if you change the pressure to be conducive to ride quality and not max payload, the light on the dash comes on and the truck will ding at you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
1,680 Posts
So that explains why mine also had 90PSI on delivery. So much for PDI...
Also RAM's website now offers a feature called Selectable TPMS Alert on the 2500's, which chirps the horn when you are adding air and the correct pressure is reached. Based on that I would guess the TPMS is adjustable.
The TPMS is NOT adjustable. I am working on getting a cable that will work on the 19s so I can see if the Autel will adjust the settings.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Tire Pressure Information System (TPIS) allows you to check the pressures in the tires, but there is no alert when tires get too low.
That's probably a good thing cuz my TPIS has been down for a month. Diagnosed with bad RF Hub - still waiting for part. :(

·
Registered
901 Posts
The TPMS is NOT adjustable. I am working on getting a cable that will work on the 19s so I can see if the Autel will adjust the settings.
Any luck on the cable? Or progress on adjusting the TPMS for 2500's?

·
Registered
189 Posts
FCA should be installing TPIS systems on all the HD trucks. I suspect there's some rules & regs getting in the way of that, though.

·
Registered
85 Posts
FCA should be installing TPIS systems on all the HD trucks. I suspect there's some rules & regs getting in the way of that, though.
TPMS is required on all vehicles with a 10,000lb GVWR or less. Along with some other rules and stuff.

Attached is a summary of changes to 49 CFR 571 and 585. But you can look up the actual language on https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/ECFR?page=browse as well. View attachment tpms-2005-fmvss-no138.pdf

·
Registered
189 Posts
TPMS is required on all vehicles with a 10,000lb GVWR or less. Along with some other rules and stuff.

Attached is a summary of changes to 49 CFR 571 and 585. But you can look up the actual language on https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/ECFR?page=browse as well. View attachment 862801

Yep, and them guvmint bureaucrats wouldn't recognize a load inflation table is ya slapped em in their collective faces with it. :doh:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yep, and them guvmint bureaucrats wouldn't recognize a load inflation table is ya slapped em in their collective faces with it. :doh:
Whoa, we don't need useful information and logic to be part of the regulations. Don't be crazy. Haha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts