Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
They do ride better than the AT's. Ive only had mine on for a day or so and so far I like them a lot better than the AT's. ( had AT II's for 8k miles)

·
Registered
138 Posts
So far, so good here! Surprisingly quiet and smooth for such an aggressive looking tread. I've had M/T's and Terra Grapplers before, and I would say that they are equally as quiet as the Terra Grapplers, but look way better!

Also, pretty happy with the shape of the tire - pics don't do it justice. I don't love that sharp edge on the shoulder of a tire, I prefer a more rounded shape, but once they were mounted up, you don't notice that as much. Maybe other people don't care as much about that, but it bothers my OCD...

I will report back after more mileage...

·
Registered
10,208 Posts
Mounting a 35" tire on the recommended 8.5"+ wide rim sure seems to help also.
I'm going to move up to 18" x 9" rims & Double Standards next time and some RT's.
Hopefully,by then I'll hear some feedback from guys that carry cabovers.
My AT2's are not as solid on the road as my old Toyo MT's but I don't miss the racket.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
So far, so good here! Surprisingly quiet and smooth for such an aggressive looking tread. I've had M/T's and Terra Grapplers before, and I would say that they are equally as quiet as the Terra Grapplers, but look way better!

Also, pretty happy with the shape of the tire - pics don't do it justice. I don't love that sharp edge on the shoulder of a tire, I prefer a more rounded shape, but once they were mounted up, you don't notice that as much. Maybe other people don't care as much about that, but it bothers my OCD...

I will report back after more mileage...

Indy, nice setup!...do you have a shot from the front or rear to show where the tire sits relative the fender? Do the tires stick out much?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Indy, nice setup!...do you have a shot from the front or rear to show where the tire sits relative the fender? Do the tires stick out much?
This pic gives you a decent look at it. The +18 offset on a 9" wide wheel tucks in just right in my opinion. As far as I know +18 or +20 is about the max you will find on a 9" wheel that fits these trucks (i.e. tucks under the fenders the most). These stick out just a little from the factory flares - just enough to look cool, but not trash the side of your truck from road debris. This combo with the 2.5" level fits great in my opinion - decent amount of rubber and no rubbing.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've had my RTs for about 3 months now and very happy with them! Have a somewhat aggressive look with way less noise than the MTs have. They do very well in heavy rain as well. I only get Toyo or Nitto tires as I have had so many positive experiences with them and this is certainly my favorite set for trucks I have had. I'd buy them again.

Indy- truck looks great! 35 on 18" with a level looks sweet! My next truck I may go that route so I don't "need" to do gear swap and don't spend as much on getting rid of brand new suspension parts. :) But then again...mine rides very nicely and happy with it even under load.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I also went with R/T's in 35x12.5x18 and am very impressed. They've been on the truck for a little over 2 months now. Barely any noise cruising down the highway at 65 mph. Great tire. I'm impressed. :thumbsup:
Only downside is they are so darn expensive.

·
Registered
10,208 Posts
Oil's way down there. Toyo's plant is non-union but their tires along with everybody's are sure expensive.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Love my 37's. The ride is even better and more quiet than my 35" Toyo AT-2's.
My only gripe is the 37x12.50x17's only come in a D rated tire but the load ratings are 3500+lbs which is more than my 35" E rated Toyos.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Love my 37's. The ride is even better and more quiet than my 35" Toyo AT-2's.
My only gripe is the 37x12.50x17's only come in a D rated tire but the load ratings are 3500+lbs which is more than my 35" E rated Toyos.

That's why I went with 37x12.50x20

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
381 Posts
mtoma - I think you've made my mind up to go with the 37x12.5r17's for my next set this fall.....

FWIW - as for the 17's vs 20's the stated capacity is 3,525 lbs vs 3,750 lbs - 6.5% difference...... personally I'll take a bit more squish / cushion with the larger sidewall and sticking with my stockers vs buying new 20's...... although I do wonder is there's any true difference in the sidewall & treadface construction.....

·
Registered
295 Posts
I would think the sidewall on the 20s is stiffer but not sure. I have no complaints on mine

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
940 Posts
mtoma… How are the Toyo R/Ts holding up/wearing while towing? I tow a gooseneck dump trailer almost all week and I would like a little aggressive wheel but I don't wanna go with the Toyo M/Ts again.

·
Registered
709 Posts
mtoma… How are the Toyo R/Ts holding up/wearing while towing? I tow a gooseneck dump trailer almost all week and I would like a little aggressive wheel but I don't wanna go with the Toyo M/Ts again.

They're holding up great and really like the way they handle and just how quiet they are for a fairly aggressive tire.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.