Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a set of these since I am a SRW hauling a heavy truck camper and go boondocking quite often. I needed the high weigh capacity as well as confidence to not get flats out in the sticks.

These tires are ridiculously beefy. They may be the toughest and heaviest tire I have run. Sitting next to the BFG AT KO the sidewall is insanely stiffer. They ride nice, however do produce some road noise. They arent too bad until you hit around 85 mph, which probably isnt the best idea to do on these tires. I have no doubt they will haul this camper around much better than the BFG's. They have no mushy swaying feeling whatsoever which is rare for an M/T. I will post a further review as they wear down.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Dsldude, been running these tire for about 200k miles (5th set) been really happy with it, the noise is going to mellow down a bit after 3k-4k miles from brand new. I ran 45psi in the front and 40 in the back. Wears out perfectly for what i use it for. My trucks weighs 5,250 lbs front and 3,500 rear a total of 8,750.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Those are some pretty beefy tires. If I ran more off-road I would seriously consider them. I've been running various AT's in hopes of a little better (and quieter) ride and a few more miles. Still, I love the look of a good set of MT's.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dsldude, been running these tire for about 200k miles (5th set) been really happy with it, the noise is going to mellow down a bit after 3k-4k miles from brand new. I ran 45psi in the front and 40 in the back. Wears out perfectly for what i use it for. My trucks weighs 5,250 lbs front and 3,500 rear a total of 8,750.
Wow that's low psi. Good to know. Im at 55 and 45. Ill crank to 80 when hauling the camper and motos around. How many miles are you getting out of them at that psi?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those are some pretty beefy tires. If I ran more off-road I would seriously consider them. I've been running various AT's in hopes of a little better (and quieter) ride and a few more miles. Still, I love the look of a good set of MT's.
I wish I could get by on a street tire honestly. I am in the snow and in nasty terrain too often. Getting a flat with a camper and dual moto hitch hauler would make for a really bad day though.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Wow that's low psi. Good to know. Im at 55 and 45. Ill crank to 80 when hauling the camper and motos around. How many miles are you getting out of them at that psi?
The tires average around 45k to 50k miles for me, its my DD and when i pull my travel trailer i just air up the back to 55. it rides softer for me at 45/40 without a load.

Reactions: dsldude
1 - 6 of 6 Posts